Pine-Richland's Giordano strikes gold in WPIAL diving finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pine-Richland's Dominic Giordano won the WPIAL Class AAA diving championship with a score of 610.00 at North Allegheny over the weekend.
His score was 100 points better than Noah Bostick of North Hills, who took second (496.65).
Giordano's performance set a WPIAL record score.
Nathan Kern, also from Pine-Richland, placed 21st with a score of 119.30.
Other local divers placing were Thaddeus Piett of Shaler with a score of 105.33 (27th) and Ben Hawthorne of Hampton, who placed 29th with a score of 101.90.
On the girls side, Alyss Siano for Hampton placed 10th with a score 297.85. Her teammate, Lindsay McGivern took 16th with a time of 257.85.
The top six divers in each classification will advance to the PIAA championships at Bucknell University.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Second Pa. friar commits suicide from order under investigation in sex abuse scandal
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- 2015 Connellsville grad identified as victim of Bullskin motorcycle crash
- Pair of Three Rivers Regatta races canceled
- Wednesday - July 1, 2015
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Troopers searching for Fayette County robbery suspect