Hampton flag football kicking off in June
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The annual Hampton summer flag-football league will begin June 25 and run through July 30, with games every Tuesday at Fridley Field. Players in the third through sixth grades as of the fall of 2013 are eligible to play.
The activity is directed by Jacque DeMatteo, begins at 10:30 a.m. and runs until noon.
The objective is to learn basic fundamental skills for each position in a flag-football format. Opportunities to punt, pass and kick will be provided.
Hampton football players will be on hand to help with instruction. There will be 30 minutes of instruction and 45 minutes of game action.
Players are asked to bring a water bottle, as water will be provided, and wear workout clothes and athletic shoes or cleats.
The cost is $60 for six sessions or $10 at each session. Checks can be made payable to Hampton Football and can be mailed to Hampton High School, care of Jacque DeMatteo, 2929 McCauley Road, Allison Park, PA 15101.
For details, contact DeMatteo ator 412-491-2359.
P-R field hockey
There will be a Pine-Richland Middle School field hockey information meeting for current sixth- or seventh-grade student interested in playing middle school field hockey next fall. Join us for this important meeting in the PRMS cafeteria April 8 at 7 p.m. Information about the program, summer clinics, and camps will be provided. Email coach Barb Griffith atfor details.
Westmoreland Roller Derby will hold its first bout of the season March 23 at the Ice Mine Roller Arena, 5001 State Route 1051, Connellsville, PA. Join the home teams, Gang-Green and the Violet Femmes, for a night of roller derby action beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Children 12 and under are admitted free. To order tickets online, visit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Woodland Hills product Miles undergoes emergency surgery
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Some in Western Pa. affected by Staples data breach
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Musician embraced education, photography