Metro League champions
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Irwin Sportsmen's Association will host a hunter-trapper education class on March 23 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lunch will be provided at the class.
Preregistration and completion in advance of an online portion of the course is required by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. To preregister, visit www.register-ed.com/events/register/29995.
The Norwin Aqua Club will be taking sign-ups for its learn-to-swim classes at Norwin High School on March 18 at 6:30 p.m.
AAU basketball tourneys
All Sports Tournaments will host spring AAU basketball tournaments for girls and boys in fourth through 11th grade.
Tournament dates are March 15-17, March 22-24, April 12-14, April 19-21 and May 10-12.
The East Hills Summer Tennis League is looking for new members for its 2013 season.
The league, which is entering its 44th year of operation, had more than 170 members last year competing across many skill divisions of singles, doubles and mixed doubles.
The league features flexible scheduling, an 18-week season, an end-of-season tournament, and a family picnic and awards banquet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Pitt men’s basketball adds junior-college guard
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Starkey: The kick returner and the grizzly bear
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Pittsburgh poised to settle lawsuits from deadly flash flood in 2011
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual