Metro League champions
Published: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
The Irwin Sportsmen's Association will host a hunter-trapper education class on March 23 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lunch will be provided at the class.
Preregistration and completion in advance of an online portion of the course is required by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. To preregister, visit www.register-ed.com/events/register/29995.
The Norwin Aqua Club will be taking sign-ups for its learn-to-swim classes at Norwin High School on March 18 at 6:30 p.m.
AAU basketball tourneys
All Sports Tournaments will host spring AAU basketball tournaments for girls and boys in fourth through 11th grade.
Tournament dates are March 15-17, March 22-24, April 12-14, April 19-21 and May 10-12.
The East Hills Summer Tennis League is looking for new members for its 2013 season.
The league, which is entering its 44th year of operation, had more than 170 members last year competing across many skill divisions of singles, doubles and mixed doubles.
The league features flexible scheduling, an 18-week season, an end-of-season tournament, and a family picnic and awards banquet.
- Connellsville’s Memorial Day features wreath toss, recitation of Gettysburg Address on 150th anniversary
- Stretch of Route 43 dedicated to vets
- Newest Dunbar Community Festival ornament is now available
- Dunbar, Vanderbilt plan Monday services
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall
- Fay-West communities to observe Memorial Day
- Budget steady on taxes
- August Wilson Center for African American Culture needs to play ball
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.