Many happenings going on locally in northern region sports
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The annual Hampton summer flag-football league will begin June 25 and run through July 30, with games every Tuesday at Fridley Field. Players in the third through sixth grades as of the fall of 2013 are eligible to play.
The activity directed by Jacque DeMatteo, begins at 10:30 a.m. and runs until noon.
The objective is to learn basic fundamental skills for each position in a flag-football format. Opportunities to punt, pass and kick will be provided.
Hampton football players will be on hand to help with instruction. There will be 30 minutes of instruction and 45 minutes of game action.
Players are asked to bring a water bottle, as water will be provided, and wear workout clothes and athletic shoes or cleats. The cost is $60 for six sessions or $10 at each session. Checks can be made payable to Hampton Football and can be mailed to Hampton High School, care of Jacque DeMatteo, 2929 McCauley Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. For details, contact DeMatteo ator 412-491-2359.
P-R field hockey
There will be a Pine-Richland Middle School field hockey information meeting for current sixth- or seventh-grade student interested in playing middle school field hockey next fall. Join us for this important meeting in the PRMS cafeteria April 8, at 7 p.m. Information about the program, summer clinics, and camps will be provided. Email coach Barb Griffith atfor details.
Hampton Hall of Fame
Hampton Township School District is seeking nominations for inductees into its 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame. Nominated athletes must be a graduate of at least five years from Hampton High School. The Hall of Fame was created in 2001 to honor those individuals who have brought prestige and pride to the Hampton School District athletic program either as a player, coach or administrator.Nominations for the 2013 Hall of Fame must be submitted no later than Monday, May 6. Nomination forms may be obtained by contacting the Athletic Office at 412-492-6389 or may be downloaded from the district website at www.ht-sd.org. The form is located under “Athletics,” then “Hampton Sports Hall of Fame.”
Westmoreland Roller Derby will hold its first bout of the season March 23 at the Ice Mine Roller Arena, 5001 State Route 1051, Connellsville, PA. Join the home teams, Gang-Green and the Violet Femmes, for a night of roller derby action beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Children 12 and under are admitted free. To order visit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire breaks out for 3rd time in abandoned McKeesport house
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Freeport’s Sikora going for gold again in wheelchair basketball
- Pakistan’s private schools chief rebukes teenage activist Malala Yousafzai
- Former McKeesport resident donates to heritage center children’s raffle
- Karns City tops Bedford in state football playoffs
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters
- $2,000 donated for abused puppies recovering at South Huntingdon shelter
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime