Fox Hill lifters place at bench press, deadlift contest
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Hill Barbell Club in Greensburg had five lifters enter the 14th annual Pittsburgh Bench Press and Deadlift Contest at the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt.
Finishing first were Donnie Christofano (165 pound class) with a 500-pound deadlift, Darren Dorn (220-pound class) with a 705-pound deadlift; and Steve Bly (275-pound class) with a 485-pound bench press and 760-pound deadlift (meet record).
Dom Sanderson (242-pound class) took second with a 495-pound deadlift.
Nick Steel (220-pound class) finished second with a 575-pound deadlift and third with a 365-pound bench press.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle’s faith in Polanco pays off
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Pitt’s cancer institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- Patience serves as virtue amid pitching prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers
- Strong-armed outfielder Garcia growing into all-around threat
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown