Fox Hill lifters place at bench press, deadlift contest
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:06 a.m.
Fox Hill Barbell Club in Greensburg had five lifters enter the 14th annual Pittsburgh Bench Press and Deadlift Contest at the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt.
Finishing first were Donnie Christofano (165 pound class) with a 500-pound deadlift, Darren Dorn (220-pound class) with a 705-pound deadlift; and Steve Bly (275-pound class) with a 485-pound bench press and 760-pound deadlift (meet record).
Dom Sanderson (242-pound class) took second with a 495-pound deadlift.
Nick Steel (220-pound class) finished second with a 575-pound deadlift and third with a 365-pound bench press.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead