TTOS draws Tom Nola as featured speaker
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The 63rd annual Toast To Our Stars banquet will have a championship atmosphere to it when it is held Saturday, April 27, at the Charleroi Elks.
That's because, along with honoring Charleroi High seniors living in North Charleroi who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievements, the keynote speaker for the night with be Clairton High football coach Tom Nola.
Nola has been a head football coach for 15 years with an overall record of 148-52. The last 11 seasons, he has guided the Clairton Bears to historic success.
Overall, Nola's record at Clairton is an astounding 133-20, including 103-5 the last seven seasons.
Under Nola's guidance, the Bears have won a state record and current national leading 63 games in a row.
Clairton has won the last five WPIAL Class A and four PIAA Class A championships.
Nola, 60, a McKeesport Area graduate, was a standout football player there and once had a tryout with the New York Jets.
This year's honored outstanding students are Amanda Watters and Kylie Lemley.
Watters has been a four-year member of Charleroi's track team and also served on the chorus as a freshman. A standout student, she is enrolled in Culinary Arts at the Mon Valley Career and Technical Center and plans on continuing her education in the culinary field of study.
Lemley is the president of Charleroi's youth and government club and also serves on numerous clubs within the school.
In addition, numerous Charleroi students will be honored for their participation in various sports at the school.
Senior Joshua Granato (soccer: juniors Brennan Matthews (football, baseball), Jeremy Jones (wrestling), Jaron Andrechak (soccer) and Joseph Papadakos (band); sophomores Keenan Griffith (football, wrestling, track), Jeremiah Hyatt (soccer, baseball), Robert Lynn (football) and Lindsey Fine (cheerleading); and freshmen Sam Pager (football, baseball), Joey Lynee Pager (cheerleading, volleyball), Tyler Nichols (football), David Nuzzo (football) and Derrick Andress (track).
Tickets for this annual affair may be purchased by calling the following member of the committee: John Jacobs 724-565-5505, Gus Brickner 724-483-5921, Joe Wiehl 724-309-3871, Mark Harosky 724-483-3348. Steve Sergi 724-483-8631, Mike Cappelli 724-489-9484,Rich Pireaux 724-610- 8116, Chuck Calcek 724-797-3913, Rick Hyk 724-929-3853, Alan Nogy 412-400-4814, Rick Pireaux 724-986-5755, Chad Warfield 724-263-2173, Regis Lee 724-483-5978,and Tony DeMarco 724-825-6367.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- States clear way for startups to use crowdfunding
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Coping with Kids: Cool products for family road trips
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- St. James Church in Sewickley to kick off Music Plus