Daily News roundup: Hot Shots Saloon sweeps twinbill
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hot Shots Saloon had a tough time with last-place Cinello Insurance on Saturday before coming back from an early five-run deficit for a 15-7 victory in the first game of a doubleheader.
Randy Dobnak went 1 for 2, but his hit was key. He smacked a three-run homer, which was the big blow in a 10-run third inning that gave Hot Shots Saloon a 10-5 lead. Chad Brown went 2 for 4 with three RBI, a stolen base and a run scored.
In the nightcap, Logan Corrigan hit a two-run homer in the first and Anthony Monaco made it stand up as Hot Shots Saloon completed the sweep with a 3-2 victory.
Hot Shots Saloon (6-8) remained locked into the sixth and final Daily News League playoff spot.
Steel Towne Inn 9, Harvey Wilner's Tavern 5 (6 inn.) — Steel Towne Inn took control with eight runs in the bottom first inning. Leadoff hitter Sean Samsa went 3 for 3, walked once, scored three runs and drove in another.
Starting pitcher Cody McClelland overcame a rough first to toss four scoreless innings. Jordan Ault pitched a scoreless sixth.
Klingensmith Insurance 13, Clancy's Pub 2 (6 inn.) — Things haven't gone according to plan for Klingensmith Insurance, but maybe a 10-run-rule victory will get the Blue Jays on the right track.
The Klingensmith Insurance lineup combined to go 5 for 12 with two walks, four RBI and eight runs scored. Ryan Badzgon went 2 for 2 with a double and three RBI, while Aaron Kull went 3 for 4 and drove in two.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Doctor couldn’t figure out what made Klein so sick
- Murder charge held against Laurel Mountain man
- Unexpected work delays Allegheny health department’s move into former morgue
- Counterfeit credit card ring falls for failure to remember birth date on fake ID
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Arrest made in connection with Rostraver home invasion
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Nationwide drug ring was centered in Homewood, prosecutor says
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale