Bovard takes 2-0 series lead in ICL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bovard overcame five errors to defeat Blairsville, 5-3, Friday in Game 2 of the Indiana County League championship series.
Bovard leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0.
Game 3 is set for 5 p.m. Sunday at Blairsville.
“It's nice to be up 2-0, but you can't look at it that way,” Bovard coach Mike Johnson said. “Blairsville is a good hitting team, and (pitcher Tim) Buzzard did good job keeping them down.”
After Blairsville tied the score, 3-3, in the top of the fourth inning, Bovard reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the inning.
Steve Anderson drew a one-out walk and scored on a double by Zack Martin. Dan Moyer singled home Martin for a 5-3 lead.
Buzzard allowed four hits and struck out seven. Jordan Truscott was the losing pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Roundup: Alpha Natural Resources to idle coal mines; Alcoa targets growing demand for aluminium wheels; more
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Trib 30 stocks drop to four-month low
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting