Bovard takes 2-0 series lead in ICL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bovard overcame five errors to defeat Blairsville, 5-3, Friday in Game 2 of the Indiana County League championship series.
Bovard leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0.
Game 3 is set for 5 p.m. Sunday at Blairsville.
“It's nice to be up 2-0, but you can't look at it that way,” Bovard coach Mike Johnson said. “Blairsville is a good hitting team, and (pitcher Tim) Buzzard did good job keeping them down.”
After Blairsville tied the score, 3-3, in the top of the fourth inning, Bovard reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the inning.
Steve Anderson drew a one-out walk and scored on a double by Zack Martin. Dan Moyer singled home Martin for a 5-3 lead.
Buzzard allowed four hits and struck out seven. Jordan Truscott was the losing pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Mon Valley preparing for Small Business Saturday
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Rostraver business site ordered to close
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- Retailers that won’t open on Thanksgiving hope move pays off
- Firefighters douse blaze at abandoned house