Bovard takes 2-0 series lead in ICL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bovard overcame five errors to defeat Blairsville, 5-3, Friday in Game 2 of the Indiana County League championship series.
Bovard leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0.
Game 3 is set for 5 p.m. Sunday at Blairsville.
“It's nice to be up 2-0, but you can't look at it that way,” Bovard coach Mike Johnson said. “Blairsville is a good hitting team, and (pitcher Tim) Buzzard did good job keeping them down.”
After Blairsville tied the score, 3-3, in the top of the fourth inning, Bovard reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the inning.
Steve Anderson drew a one-out walk and scored on a double by Zack Martin. Dan Moyer singled home Martin for a 5-3 lead.
Buzzard allowed four hits and struck out seven. Jordan Truscott was the losing pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Rossi: Kentucky just isn’t going to lose
- Kentucky labors little in 78-39 rout of West Virginia
- New Ken man ‘holed up’ in house
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- Man charged with killing Larimer man last year
- Michigan man takes Heinz to court over Dip & Squeeze ketchup packet
- Roundup: Headhunter reportedly solicits candidates to replace BNY Mellon CEO ; Yahoo says it will buy back $2B in stock; more
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills