Bovard takes 2-0 series lead in ICL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bovard overcame five errors to defeat Blairsville, 5-3, Friday in Game 2 of the Indiana County League championship series.
Bovard leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0.
Game 3 is set for 5 p.m. Sunday at Blairsville.
“It's nice to be up 2-0, but you can't look at it that way,” Bovard coach Mike Johnson said. “Blairsville is a good hitting team, and (pitcher Tim) Buzzard did good job keeping them down.”
After Blairsville tied the score, 3-3, in the top of the fourth inning, Bovard reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the inning.
Steve Anderson drew a one-out walk and scored on a double by Zack Martin. Dan Moyer singled home Martin for a 5-3 lead.
Buzzard allowed four hits and struck out seven. Jordan Truscott was the losing pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Highmark CEO sues health insurer for $32 million
- Highmark Health reports $171M operating loss for 1st half of year
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Pirates, Marlins in talks to play 2016 game in Puerto Rico
- Dukes kick off conference play on national television
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion