Bovard takes 2-0 series lead in ICL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bovard overcame five errors to defeat Blairsville, 5-3, Friday in Game 2 of the Indiana County League championship series.
Bovard leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0.
Game 3 is set for 5 p.m. Sunday at Blairsville.
“It's nice to be up 2-0, but you can't look at it that way,” Bovard coach Mike Johnson said. “Blairsville is a good hitting team, and (pitcher Tim) Buzzard did good job keeping them down.”
After Blairsville tied the score, 3-3, in the top of the fourth inning, Bovard reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the inning.
Steve Anderson drew a one-out walk and scored on a double by Zack Martin. Dan Moyer singled home Martin for a 5-3 lead.
Buzzard allowed four hits and struck out seven. Jordan Truscott was the losing pitcher.
Paul Schofield is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @Schofield_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships