Bovard takes 2-0 series lead in ICL
By Paul Schofield
Published: Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, 9:45 p.m.
Bovard overcame five errors to defeat Blairsville, 5-3, Friday in Game 2 of the Indiana County League championship series.
Bovard leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0.
Game 3 is set for 5 p.m. Sunday at Blairsville.
“It's nice to be up 2-0, but you can't look at it that way,” Bovard coach Mike Johnson said. “Blairsville is a good hitting team, and (pitcher Tim) Buzzard did good job keeping them down.”
After Blairsville tied the score, 3-3, in the top of the fourth inning, Bovard reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the inning.
Steve Anderson drew a one-out walk and scored on a double by Zack Martin. Dan Moyer singled home Martin for a 5-3 lead.
Buzzard allowed four hits and struck out seven. Jordan Truscott was the losing pitcher.
Paul Schofield is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @Schofield_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Crosby, Malkin
- Police respond to Hill District standoff
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- LaBar: Did WWE referee know finish to Undertaker match?
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Truck crash causes fracking water, diesel spill into Chartiers Creek
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say
- 3 ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?