Conboy repeats as Whitehall 5K Run champion
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Casey Conboy, 14, retained his championship in the Whitehall 5K Run.
The Whitehall teen repeated as the overall titlist at this year's race held Saturday at Mowry Park, finishing with a winning time of 17:47.
Conboy shaved more than three minutes off his winning time (21:10) from last year.
Jennifer Haffner, 21, took first place in the open women's division with a time of 18:07. She placed third overall.
The age division titlists among male runners were Christian Barr, 12; Jack Mezeivtch, 13; Ryan Wierzchowski, 16; A.J. Gambino, 24; Keenan Cokain, 28; Terry Bradford, 31; Pat Joyce, 39; Jonathan Sula, 42; Mitch Radella, 48; Jim Kaufman, 52; Gene Smith, 57; and George Spencer, 67.
Age division winners among female contestants were Heidi Johnston, 10; Abbey Larkin, 13; Coco Perri, 17; Kimberly Fierst, 24; Marie Eanes-Fennelly, 25; April Dercak, 33; Shauntai Hill, 35; Lori Mezeivtch, 42; Peggy LaQuatra, 48; Eileen Stanford, 51; and Cindy Holland, 55.
LaQuatra was the top overall female runner in last year's race. She improved from a 23:12 time in 2012 to a 21:53 time in 2013.
Matthew Schnek, 6 years old, was the youngest competitor in the race. Eli Traud, Ava Vavro and Maximilian Tiriobo, all 8, also participated.
Ryan and Zachary Wierzchowski, both 16, finished one-two in the male 16-19 age division, and second and fourth overall. Ryan posted a time of 18:02; Zachary registered a time of 18:26.
Coco and Kristen Perry, 18, placed first and second in the female 16-19 age division with times of 24:49 and 26:43, respectively.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- McKeesport home invasion suspect waives extradition
- Glassport police name new chief
- Area first responders interact at active-shooter workshop
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Elizabeth Township police chief put on leave, manager terminated
- East Allegheny teachers respond in contract dispute
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation