Conboy repeats as Whitehall 5K Run champion
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Casey Conboy, 14, retained his championship in the Whitehall 5K Run.
The Whitehall teen repeated as the overall titlist at this year's race held Saturday at Mowry Park, finishing with a winning time of 17:47.
Conboy shaved more than three minutes off his winning time (21:10) from last year.
Jennifer Haffner, 21, took first place in the open women's division with a time of 18:07. She placed third overall.
The age division titlists among male runners were Christian Barr, 12; Jack Mezeivtch, 13; Ryan Wierzchowski, 16; A.J. Gambino, 24; Keenan Cokain, 28; Terry Bradford, 31; Pat Joyce, 39; Jonathan Sula, 42; Mitch Radella, 48; Jim Kaufman, 52; Gene Smith, 57; and George Spencer, 67.
Age division winners among female contestants were Heidi Johnston, 10; Abbey Larkin, 13; Coco Perri, 17; Kimberly Fierst, 24; Marie Eanes-Fennelly, 25; April Dercak, 33; Shauntai Hill, 35; Lori Mezeivtch, 42; Peggy LaQuatra, 48; Eileen Stanford, 51; and Cindy Holland, 55.
LaQuatra was the top overall female runner in last year's race. She improved from a 23:12 time in 2012 to a 21:53 time in 2013.
Matthew Schnek, 6 years old, was the youngest competitor in the race. Eli Traud, Ava Vavro and Maximilian Tiriobo, all 8, also participated.
Ryan and Zachary Wierzchowski, both 16, finished one-two in the male 16-19 age division, and second and fourth overall. Ryan posted a time of 18:02; Zachary registered a time of 18:26.
Coco and Kristen Perry, 18, placed first and second in the female 16-19 age division with times of 24:49 and 26:43, respectively.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport man accused of firing at child to stand trial
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- East Allegheny may meet this week with education association
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Ankle replacement makes UPMC McKeesport history
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Erie attorney named trustee for bankrupt Homestead Cemetery
- Charges held against suspect in McKeesport market robbery, assault
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Oil prices slip on persistent fears of glut
- Doctors to be given star ratings on UPMC site