Deiter Laskey set for Charleroi Soccer HOF
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Deiter Laskey will be inducted into the Charleroi Soccer Hall of Fame Saturday night as the organization n celebrates 25 years of existence.
“We've been at this for a long time,” said Tom Villella, hall of fame spokesman. “We think it's a great organization and we are proud of our members.”
Laskey, a 1997 Charleroi graduate, was a four-year letterman for the Cougars.
A captain his senior year, he was also named to the section All-Star Team his junior and senior years.
After graduating from Charleroi Area, Laskey went on to play soccer at California University of Pennsylvania and started as a midfielder as a sophomore.
He joins his father, Dennis, as a member of the hall of fame.
“This is the second father-son membership in the hall of fame,” Villella said. “I think that's pretty special.”
The first father-son duo to go in were Kip and John Harosky.
Laskey also played soccer for the Dunlevy and Beadling soccer clubs and played for five state championship teams and two Region I USUSA championship teams.
Today, he is an industrial painter. He and his wife, the former Michele Molesky, have two children, Jesse, 5, and Jude, 3.
Laskey, who will be the 47th member of the hall of fame, will be inducted during halftime of the Charleroi-McGuffey game at Charleroi Stadium.
The very first class was inducted in 1989 and included John Kruczek and Reno Cheti.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Prison sentence extended for New Kensington man
- ‘Action’ against AG Kane sent to Supreme Court, sources say
- Nazi ‘gold train’ evidence mounts
- Trib Total Media puts 9 Western Pa. newspapers up for sale
- Overnight closures, lane restrictions announced for Fort Pitt Tunnel, Parkway West
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Trafford man sentenced for sex with teen
- Court orders new trials for Pittsburgh cop who allegedly fell in love with drug-addicted prostitute
- Man flees Monroeville bank holdup with cash