Brentwood youth sets three records at IMX Challenge swim meet
By Ray Fisher
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014, 9:00 p.m.
Mason Beauregard, a fifth-grade student at Brentwood's Moore Elementary School and son of Michael and Cindy Beauregard, is a relative newcomer to area pools.
“He has been swimming competitively for 15 months,” said his dad, via email. “He is a member of Allegheny Mountain Swimming, and has been swimming at AMS meets since December 2012.”
Mason, 10, competes for the Titan Swim Team in West Mifflin, but is a future Brentwood High School competitor.
He made quite an impression at the IMX Challenge swim meet hosted by Baldwin Whitehall Aquatics last weekend at the Baldwin High School pool.
Mason finished first overall in the boys' 10-and-under age group, piling up 97 of a possible 100 points.
He took first place in four events, and broke three Baldwin IMX meet records in the process.
The local swimmer won the 50-yard backstroke, 50-yard butterfly, 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard individual medley events, to go along with a second-place finish in the 50-yard breaststroke event.
He set new meet records in the 50 backstroke (36.24), 50 butterfly (35.73) and 100 freestyle (1:08.71).
In his first year of competitive swimming, Mason made the AMS Top 10 list for his age group in the 50-yard backstroke.
This year, he has earned a spot among the AMS Top 10 in the 50 and 100 backstroke, and 50 and 100 freestyle.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- Group wants Consol to adhere to terms of Greene County mining permit
- U.S. attorney seeks plan for reducing heroin overdoses
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Bishop Zubik urges Catholics to evangelize
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Authorities investigating skeletal remains found in Ohio River in Avalon
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions