Brentwood youth sets three records at IMX Challenge swim meet
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Mason Beauregard, a fifth-grade student at Brentwood's Moore Elementary School and son of Michael and Cindy Beauregard, is a relative newcomer to area pools.
“He has been swimming competitively for 15 months,” said his dad, via email. “He is a member of Allegheny Mountain Swimming, and has been swimming at AMS meets since December 2012.”
Mason, 10, competes for the Titan Swim Team in West Mifflin, but is a future Brentwood High School competitor.
He made quite an impression at the IMX Challenge swim meet hosted by Baldwin Whitehall Aquatics last weekend at the Baldwin High School pool.
Mason finished first overall in the boys' 10-and-under age group, piling up 97 of a possible 100 points.
He took first place in four events, and broke three Baldwin IMX meet records in the process.
The local swimmer won the 50-yard backstroke, 50-yard butterfly, 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard individual medley events, to go along with a second-place finish in the 50-yard breaststroke event.
He set new meet records in the 50 backstroke (36.24), 50 butterfly (35.73) and 100 freestyle (1:08.71).
In his first year of competitive swimming, Mason made the AMS Top 10 list for his age group in the 50-yard backstroke.
This year, he has earned a spot among the AMS Top 10 in the 50 and 100 backstroke, and 50 and 100 freestyle.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Penn Hills superintendent resigns
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Mt. Lebanon board awards contract to trap, euthanize deer
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- NFL notebook: Patriots employee under scrutiny in underinflated footballs probe
- Christian day camp in Somerset County sued over sexual assault
- Leader Times roundup: Snow postponements piling up, 7 games rescheduled
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions