Return to regional next for Penn-Trafford's Borkovich
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four Penn-Trafford players took the course, but only one advanced from the WPIAL final.
Senior Haley Borkovich secured a spot in the PIAA Western Regional by placing sixth on Monday at the WPIAL Class AAA individual championship at 3 Lakes Golf Course with a 12-over-par round of 84.
The regional at Tom's Run Golf Course on Oct. 15 will be the second straight for Borkovich, but unlike last year, she will be the only Penn-Trafford representative there.
P-T golfers Morgan Rector, Casey Doran and Mia Barchetti all finished outside of the top seven at WPIALs.
Rector and Doran shot matching rounds of 92, while Barchetti struggled with a 50 on the front nine before finishing with a 94.
As a team, the undefeated Warriors are preparing for the WPIAL team championship at Cedarbrook Golf Course, 10 a.m. on Oct. 11.
On the boys' side P-T senior Max Doran was the co-medalist with a 2-over-par 74 in the boys individual semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Sept. 25. He was scheduled to compete in the WPIAL final on Wednesday at Fox Chapel, after this edition's deadline.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges