Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Chevron settles fatal well fire lawsuit for $5 million
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Task force to plot ways of easing gas glut in Pennsylvania via pipelines
- 15 Chinese nationals indicted in Pittsburgh for fraudulently taking college board exams
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- Concert business booming at Heinz Field this summer
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others