Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Construction season enters fall phase on region’s roads
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Wolf team hopes to aid laid-off workers
- Changes abound at East Allegheny
- Homework: Spokes pendant offers light in two directions
- Ex-Michigan offensive lineman gets fresh start for West Virginia
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Belle Vernon Area turf ready to go
- Child sex case continued
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell