FC falls to North Hills
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Fox Chapel silenced the crowd at Martorelli Stadium early Friday evening before North Hills stormed back to claim a 31-7 victory over the Foxes.
FC's Brandon Mitchell ran 80 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter to give the Foxes the lead.
The Indians then used a punishing ground game to take over. North Hills led 17-7 at the half.
Mitchell would end up with 127 yards on 18 carries while North Hills had a pair of runners go over the century mark.
The Foxes (1-5, 1-4) will attempt to get back on the winning track on Friday when they host Baldwin.
The Highlanders are struggling with a 1-5 record and they lost to Woodland Hills, 35-7, last week.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions