FC falls to North Hills
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Fox Chapel silenced the crowd at Martorelli Stadium early Friday evening before North Hills stormed back to claim a 31-7 victory over the Foxes.
FC's Brandon Mitchell ran 80 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter to give the Foxes the lead.
The Indians then used a punishing ground game to take over. North Hills led 17-7 at the half.
Mitchell would end up with 127 yards on 18 carries while North Hills had a pair of runners go over the century mark.
The Foxes (1-5, 1-4) will attempt to get back on the winning track on Friday when they host Baldwin.
The Highlanders are struggling with a 1-5 record and they lost to Woodland Hills, 35-7, last week.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Snider’s grand slam pushes Pirates to late victory over Cubs
- Officials identify Homewood toddler killed in East Hills shooting
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.