High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012, 6:40 p.m.
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 73-home subdivision plan approved for Westwood Golf Club
- Forward officials announce furniture sale
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Husband-wife resignations leave Lincoln short-handed
- Indiana company gets OK to sell former West Mifflin municipal building
- Duquesne police make drug arrest
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Glassport council to crack down on absentee landlords
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1