High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 6:40 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, October 27, 2012
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- On eve of first offseason practices, Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Trib reporter’s Iraq stories win top Pa. press award
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.