WPIAL sets football quarterfinal sites
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL has set the sites for Friday's 16 football quarterfinal-round playoff games.
In Class AAAA, North Allegheny will play Bethel Park at North Hills; Seneca Valley-Mt. Lebanon at North Allegheny; Gateway-Woodland Hills at Norwin; and Upper St. Clair-Central Catholic at Baldwin.
In Class AAA, Thomas Jefferson will play Franklin Regional at Elizabeth Forward; West Allegheny-Montour at Chartiers Valley; Mars-West Mifflin at Fox Chapel; and Central Valley-Hopewell at Ambridge.
In Class AA, Aliquippa will play Mt. Pleasant at Peters Township; Jeannette-Beaver at Hampton; South Fayette-Beaver Falls at Moon; and Washington-Seton-La Salle at Canon-McMillan.
In Class A, Clairton will play Brentwood at Belle Vernon; Neshannock-Monessen at Chartiers-Houston; Sto-Rox-Union at Mars; and Rochester-North Catholic at Dormont Stadium.
All games are scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Elites, media & character
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Experts: If health insurers’ safeguard goes broke, consumers could pay
- Hip science: Rock-star physicists make tough concepts easier to understand