WPIAL announces football semifinal sites
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL announced the following sites for its eight football semifinal games:
In Class AAAA, North Allegheny (11-0) will play Seneca Valley (10-1) at North Hills; and Woodland Hills (9-2) and Upper St. Clair (10-1) at Baldwin.
In Class AAA, Thomas Jefferson (11-0) will play West Allegheny (10-1) at Bethel Park; and West Mifflin (10-1) and Central Valley (9-2) at North Allegheny.
In Class AA, Aliquippa (11-0) will play Jeannette (10-1) at Peters Township; and South Fayette (11-0) and Washington (11-0) at Chartiers Valley.
In Class A, Clairton (11-0) will play Neshannock (10-1) at Chartiers-Houston; and Sto-Rox (10-1) and North Catholic (9-2) at Dormont Stadium.
All games start at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- West Virgina advances to WNIT title game
- Gibsonia film producer makes documentary about female troops serving in war
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- Reliever Hughes takes plenty of pride in being Pirates’ middle man
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 3, Orioles 3, 10 inns.
- A mayor and his dog: Peduto adopts from Western Pennsylvania Humane Society
- Former Plum teacher says he warned district about possible inappropriate conduct