Scott stars for Indians
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 21, 2012
The Shady Side Academy girls soccer team advanced all of the way to the state semifinals before seeing their season come to an end last week.
And helping lead the team to all of the success was Maggie Scott, a junior, who scored 39 goals.
Two of those goals came in the PIAA semifinal game, which the Indians led before losing to Greensburg Central Catholic in a shootout.
For her effort, Scott has been named The Herald Athlete of the Week.
Scott said she hasn't yet started looking at colleges, but she knows that she wants to continue playing soccer wherever she goes.
She and her teammates were disappointed with the loss to GCC, but were happy with the season.
“It was a tough loss but we were proud to get that far,” she said. “It was the first time that the SSA girls made it to the state semifinals. It was a fun year.”
Here's a closer look at Maggie:
Q: Who have been your role models?
A: My brothers. They pushed me hard.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like to hang out with my friends.
Q: Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Q: What celebrity or athlete would you like to see disappear from public view?
A: Let's go with Snooki.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: “She's the Man.”
Q: Have you ever been to a movie so bad that you wanted to walk out?
A: Luckily, that hasn't happened yet.
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: “Law & Order: SVU.”
Q: What makes Shady Side Academy a special place?
A: The people and the atmosphere.
Q: What's the best concert you've ever been to?
A: I haven't been to many and none stick out in my memory.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Christiano Renaldo.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Christiano Renaldo.
Q: Do you have any pre-game rituals or superstitions?
A: No. I just listen to music.
Q: What would make up your all-time favorite meal?
A: Steak, pasta and ice cream.
Q: What's the top item on your Christmas list this year?
A: A new car.
Q: What's the wildest, craziest thing you've ever done?
A: I've jumped off a few cliffs into water.
Q: People would be surprised to know that…
A: ...I like country music.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza Shopping Center looking to bounce back
- 2 arrested after UK fighter jet scrambles to divert civilian plane
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.