Gateway WR commits to WVU
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway junior wide receiver Ricky Rogers has given a verbal commitment to West Virginia, Gators coach Terry Smith confirmed.
The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Rogers chose the Mountaineers over scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers and Toledo. He had two receptions for 137 yards — both touchdowns — this season after transferring from Keystone Oaks, where he had 30 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- GNC revenue, sales drop, but vitamin retailer says plan in place
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- 3 men to stand trial over runaway Latrobe foster children
- Connellsville roundup: Mill Run leads series 2-0
- Heyl: This dress is a steal
- Attorney had broad range of private, public clients
- 3 injured in crash near zoo entrance in Highland Park
- Peduto offers ray of light to understaffed Pittsburgh building bureau