Gateway WR commits to WVU
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway junior wide receiver Ricky Rogers has given a verbal commitment to West Virginia, Gators coach Terry Smith confirmed.
The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Rogers chose the Mountaineers over scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers and Toledo. He had two receptions for 137 yards — both touchdowns — this season after transferring from Keystone Oaks, where he had 30 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dow Chemical, Olin in $5B cash-and-stock deal
- West Virginia basketball great Hundley dies at 80
- Roundup: Sunoco gas station at Pittsburgh airport to close for upgrades; Google, Johnson & Johnson team up to build robot surgeons; more
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- 2 New Kensington-Arnold candidates removed from primary ballot
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Credit card use reflects confidence, flat wages
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- Vandergrift Sons of America gives back to the community
- Leechburg hosts vigil to halt drugs, violence in the community
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District