Daily News roundup: West Mifflin softball stays unbeaten
TribLIVE Sports Videos
West Mifflin may not have 10-run ruled visiting Penn-Trafford like the Titans did to its previous four opponents, but West Mifflin remained unbeaten on the season with a 9-6 nonsection victory.
Cyrstal Cook picked up the win as she scattered seven hits over seven innings while striking out three.
Laura Ackerman doubled, homered and knocked in five runs while Marla Small and Chelsea Hess added doubles for the Titans (5-0, 2-0).
Penn-Trafford (1-1, 0-2) got a grand slam and 5 RBI from Cassie Szmyd and three hits from Dani Wally.
California 6, East Allegheny 3 — Brian Fisher struck out eight in six innings to lead California (3-2, 0-0) past East Allegheny in a nonsection game. Matt Smith picked up the loss for East Allegheny (0-2).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Man arrested in Marshall-Shadeland barbershop killing
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- United Airlines hack coincided with incursion into government employee data