Daily News roundup: EF keeps pace in postseason chase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Elizabeth Forward stayed in a three-way tie for second place in the Section 4-AAA baseball playoff race with a 4-3 victory over Ringgold.
Mark Adams threw a complete game and struck out eight to keep the Rams at bay, while Jake Terrick singled three times to spark the Warriors' offensive attack.
Elizabeth Forward (12-5, 6-4) has two section games remaining, including a showdown with Thomas Jefferson on Friday.
Thomas Jefferson 12, Carrick 2 (5 inn.) — Joe McHughy doubled and tripled, Colton Booher had three singles, and the Jaguars kept pace with the rest of the contenders in the race for the final two playoff spots out of Section 4-AAA.
Yough 4, Laurel Highlands 2 — Cougars shortstop Brad Bisko made a diving play and threw out a runner at first with the tying runs in scoring position to end the game. Yough clinched a WPIAL Class AAA playoff berth for the first time since 2007.
Serra Catholic 15, Clairton 0 (3 inn.) — Brandon Coddington pitched a no-hitter and had three hits, as Serra Catholic (14-1, 9-0) continued its dominance in section play.
Norwin 7, Ligonier Valley 6 (8 inn.) — The Knights scored four runs in the bottom of the eighth for a come-from-behind victory over District 6 Ligonier Valley. Nikki Ingel and Maddy Wensel each had four hits for Norwin to help Hannah O'Block win her first game of the season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Black Friday chaos dwindles thanks to earlier deals, online sales
- Pakistan’s private schools chief rebukes teenage activist Malala Yousafzai
- Group urges Port Authority of Allegheny County to fund more transit routes
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- 2 Greensburg properties left on demo list
- $2,000 donated for abused puppies recovering at South Huntingdon shelter
- Convinced Fed will raise rates in December, investors parse meaning of ‘gradual’ increase
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K