Beaver baseball knocks off Shady Side Academy
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy baseball team put up a battle with No. 2 seed Beaver for four innings in their WPIAL Class AA matchup on May 21 at Pullman Park.
Beaver held a 3-1 lead heading into the fifth inning and pushed four runs across the plate and coasted to an 8-1 win.
Paul McCullough took the loss for the Indians, who managed only three hits off of Austin Ross, who helped his own cause with three hits himself. Chuckie Scales had a double for SSA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Geibel baseball team hopes to buck recent trend of losing seasons
- Under new coach, Valley baseball team taking different approach
- Connellsville baseball team confident it will soar this season
- Ligonier Rams baseball team aims for consistency
- Southmoreland baseball prepared for jump in classification
- A-K Valley baseball preview: Plum puts focus on mental toughness
- Greensburg Central Catholic sets sights on competing for titles in Class A
- Southmoreland baseball enters season in realigned section
- South Fayette baseball hoping new tech brings edge
- Penn-Trafford baseball preparing for season with new coach
- Connellsville baseball wins W.Pa. opener after Southern trip