BVA's Francia leads 4-AAA squad
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Belle Vernon Area's baseball season ended with a disappointing first-round loss in the WPIAL playoffs but the honors keep coming for the talented group.
The Class AAA Section 4 All-Section Team was released this week with 11 Leopards being named to either the first team, second team, or honorable mention list.
Catcher Dom Francia, who was among the WPIAL leaders in home runs, was named Co-MVP along with South Park pitcher Nick Yobbi. He was also named as the first team catcher.
Joining Francia on the first team were teammates Joe Simsic (infield) and Adam Ferita (outfield).
Elizabeth Forward's Mark Adams (pitcher), Jake Terrick and Ryan Wardropper (infielders) were also named to the first team.
BVA pitchers Matt Callaway and Tyler Frankel were named to the second team as pitchers and was Luke Padezan of EF. Callaway was also named as a second-team infielder.
Joining teammate Callaway on the second team were infielders Parker Lynn and Dylan Pietrantoni.
The Ringgold Rams lone representative on the team was second-team outfielder Travis Yost.
The Warriors' first baseman Ryan Thornton and outfielder Justin Bakewell were also named to the second team.
Three Leopards received honorable mention accolades.
Ferita (pitcher), Jake Hartman (DH), and Adam Holliday (outfield), joined EF's Steve Welsh (outfield) as honorable mention players.
Overall, undefeated South Park, who played for the Class AAA championship Tuesday, had eight players named to the first team. Three of those were pitchers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Geibel goalie saves game during shootout, beats Carlynton
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Connellsville falls to Seneca Valley in first-round soccer playoff game
- Serra Catholic boys soccer team loses WPIAL 1st-round game to Avonworth, 1-0
- Riverview embracing underdog role in WPIAL first-round win