Local players earn Section 2-AAA honors
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, May 31, 2013, 10:45 p.m.
Baseball players from Mt. Pleasant, Laurel Highlands and Uniontown received all-section honors in Section 2-AAA for their play this past season.
Juniors Tyler Mellors and Luke Liprando of Mt. Pleasant were named first-team infielders, as was junior Nick Lancaster of Laurel Highlands.
First-team outfielders include juniors Joey Paul and Mitch Matlas of Mt. Pleasant and junior Drew DeBerry of Laurel Highlands.
Junior Colin McKee of Laurel Highlands is a first-team pitcher and junior Zack Stashick of Uniontown is a first-team catcher.
Honorable mentions went to Mt. Pleasant juniors Marcus Malara (catcher) and Ryan Hudec (designated hitter) and sophomore Nate Pieszak (pitcher) as well as Uniontown senior Cody Karpiak (infielder) and junior Luke Wallace (pitcher).
Indiana junior pitcher Sean Thompson was named the section's MVP.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum senior first baseman overcomes disease, returns to game he loves
- Offseason work helps Vincentian pitchers go distance this season
- Young GCC baseball team has high expectations
- No answers for Hixenbaugh, Leps
- Kittanning baseball scores 5 runs in 1 inning for win
- High school roundup: Pine-Richland takes down No. 2 Shaler
- High school roundup: Blackhawk’s McKay fans 20 in 8-0 victory over Central Valley
- Springdale’s Lock hits walk-off slam to give rival Riverview 1st loss
- Stranded runners take toll on Belle Vernon in 2-1 loss to West Mifflin
- High school roundup: Penn Hills takes down Pine-Richland baseball
- Quaker Valley breaks out the bats at PNC Park