Local players earn Section 2-AAA honors
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baseball players from Mt. Pleasant, Laurel Highlands and Uniontown received all-section honors in Section 2-AAA for their play this past season.
Juniors Tyler Mellors and Luke Liprando of Mt. Pleasant were named first-team infielders, as was junior Nick Lancaster of Laurel Highlands.
First-team outfielders include juniors Joey Paul and Mitch Matlas of Mt. Pleasant and junior Drew DeBerry of Laurel Highlands.
Junior Colin McKee of Laurel Highlands is a first-team pitcher and junior Zack Stashick of Uniontown is a first-team catcher.
Honorable mentions went to Mt. Pleasant juniors Marcus Malara (catcher) and Ryan Hudec (designated hitter) and sophomore Nate Pieszak (pitcher) as well as Uniontown senior Cody Karpiak (infielder) and junior Luke Wallace (pitcher).
Indiana junior pitcher Sean Thompson was named the section's MVP.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Deputy vanishes amid Texas flooding
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- It’s not a small world after all: Global population estimated to soar
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Pitt star running back Conner adjusting to higher profile this year
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- 2 New Kensington buildings burn downtown
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Alligator spotted at Cheswick shoreline
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun