Local players earn Section 2-AAA honors
Baseball players from Mt. Pleasant, Laurel Highlands and Uniontown received all-section honors in Section 2-AAA for their play this past season.
Juniors Tyler Mellors and Luke Liprando of Mt. Pleasant were named first-team infielders, as was junior Nick Lancaster of Laurel Highlands.
First-team outfielders include juniors Joey Paul and Mitch Matlas of Mt. Pleasant and junior Drew DeBerry of Laurel Highlands.
Junior Colin McKee of Laurel Highlands is a first-team pitcher and junior Zack Stashick of Uniontown is a first-team catcher.
Honorable mentions went to Mt. Pleasant juniors Marcus Malara (catcher) and Ryan Hudec (designated hitter) and sophomore Nate Pieszak (pitcher) as well as Uniontown senior Cody Karpiak (infielder) and junior Luke Wallace (pitcher).
Indiana junior pitcher Sean Thompson was named the section's MVP.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Top commercial, residential real estate deals of the week — July 20
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- ACC notebook: Pitt predicted to finish 6th in Coastal Division