Fox Chapel baseball, softball to shuffle sections next season
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL recently announced its realignment for baseball and softball beginning in 2015. The move impacts the Fox Chapel baseball and softball teams.
Coach Michael Frank's baseball team will play in Section 3-AAAA, and the softball team will play in Section 2-AAAA.
Both will play against teams based in the eastern suburbs.
The boys will face Kiski Area, Central Catholic, Penn Hills, Shaler and Woodland Hills.
The girls' section opponents will be Plum, Allderdice, Franklin Regional, Gateway, Penn Hills and Woodland Hills.
Frank hasn't given much thought to the move yet.
“As a team, we haven't even discussed next year and the change at all because we're getting focused on this season. We've had a few discussions as a staff,” Frank said.
“It is obviously nice to get away from the teams that have won the WPIAL the past five or so years, but the teams in our new section are quality opponents. We have most of them on our schedule this year, and I know they will all prove to be tough games.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Penguins rebound with shutout of Predators
- For Luck family, a father-son success story
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Inappropriate dress wears thin in schools, courts, jails, elsewhere
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation