Fox Chapel baseball, softball to shuffle sections next season
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL recently announced its realignment for baseball and softball beginning in 2015. The move impacts the Fox Chapel baseball and softball teams.
Coach Michael Frank's baseball team will play in Section 3-AAAA, and the softball team will play in Section 2-AAAA.
Both will play against teams based in the eastern suburbs.
The boys will face Kiski Area, Central Catholic, Penn Hills, Shaler and Woodland Hills.
The girls' section opponents will be Plum, Allderdice, Franklin Regional, Gateway, Penn Hills and Woodland Hills.
Frank hasn't given much thought to the move yet.
“As a team, we haven't even discussed next year and the change at all because we're getting focused on this season. We've had a few discussions as a staff,” Frank said.
“It is obviously nice to get away from the teams that have won the WPIAL the past five or so years, but the teams in our new section are quality opponents. We have most of them on our schedule this year, and I know they will all prove to be tough games.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, ruled out
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Rex Energy spills flowback on Butler County wellpad, says DEP
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams