Fox Chapel baseball, softball to shuffle sections next season
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL recently announced its realignment for baseball and softball beginning in 2015. The move impacts the Fox Chapel baseball and softball teams.
Coach Michael Frank's baseball team will play in Section 3-AAAA, and the softball team will play in Section 2-AAAA.
Both will play against teams based in the eastern suburbs.
The boys will face Kiski Area, Central Catholic, Penn Hills, Shaler and Woodland Hills.
The girls' section opponents will be Plum, Allderdice, Franklin Regional, Gateway, Penn Hills and Woodland Hills.
Frank hasn't given much thought to the move yet.
“As a team, we haven't even discussed next year and the change at all because we're getting focused on this season. We've had a few discussions as a staff,” Frank said.
“It is obviously nice to get away from the teams that have won the WPIAL the past five or so years, but the teams in our new section are quality opponents. We have most of them on our schedule this year, and I know they will all prove to be tough games.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Military academy members hone hacking skills at competition
- NHL notebook: Family says ex-Hawk Mikita has dementia
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- NFL notebook: Manning would like to make decision on NFL future soon
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Acting helped ‘Justified’s’ Dillahunt overcome tragedy