Daily News roundup: Plum downs Woodland Hills in softball opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hannah Adamski homered twice and drove in four runs during a 3-for-4 day at the plate for Plum in its 15-5, five-inning win over Woodland Hills in Section 2-AAAA on Friday.
Jordan Seneca went 2 for 2 with a homer, a double and four RBIs. Melissa LeClair finished 3 for 3 with a homer and three RBIs, and Samantha Billstone also homered for the Mustangs. Rachael Adamski held Woodland Hills (0-1, 0-1) to three hits.
Carmichaels 8, Serra Catholic 6 — Witney Larko pitched 6 1⁄3 innings but took the loss for the Eagles (1-2, 1-2) in their Section 2-A game. Amy McNeill had a home run for Serra Catholic.
Legacy, Colo. 4, West Mifflin 3 — Pat Schob allowed a run in the top of the eighth inning, and the Titans (2-1) lost at the Vero Beach Tournament in Vero Beach, Fla.
Norwin 12, V alley 2 — Cody Stanoszek homered and doubled, and J.J. Matijevic had a home run to lead Norwin (2-0) to a nonsection victory.
Yough 9, Springdale 4 — Brandon Regotti tripled, and CJ Vargo had a double as Yough (1-1) won a nonsection game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Islamic State group pushed out of Syria’s Kobani
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Drops in gasoline prices won’t likely last, analysts say
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident