Daily News roundup: Plum downs Woodland Hills in softball opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hannah Adamski homered twice and drove in four runs during a 3-for-4 day at the plate for Plum in its 15-5, five-inning win over Woodland Hills in Section 2-AAAA on Friday.
Jordan Seneca went 2 for 2 with a homer, a double and four RBIs. Melissa LeClair finished 3 for 3 with a homer and three RBIs, and Samantha Billstone also homered for the Mustangs. Rachael Adamski held Woodland Hills (0-1, 0-1) to three hits.
Carmichaels 8, Serra Catholic 6 — Witney Larko pitched 6 1⁄3 innings but took the loss for the Eagles (1-2, 1-2) in their Section 2-A game. Amy McNeill had a home run for Serra Catholic.
Legacy, Colo. 4, West Mifflin 3 — Pat Schob allowed a run in the top of the eighth inning, and the Titans (2-1) lost at the Vero Beach Tournament in Vero Beach, Fla.
Norwin 12, Valley 2 — Cody Stanoszek homered and doubled, and J.J. Matijevic had a home run to lead Norwin (2-0) to a nonsection victory.
Yough 9, Springdale 4 — Brandon Regotti tripled, and CJ Vargo had a double as Yough (1-1) won a nonsection game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shell closing Franklin Park office next year
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Downtown barbershop target of racial-slur graffiti
- Former Connellsville police officer wants sex-trade case dismissed
- College notes: St. Vincent hosting baseball clinics
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Steps to reduce Sharpsburg blight start
- Irwin Park ball field improvements could move forward
- Police arrest two men accused in videotaped beating near Sharpsburg bar