Daily News roundup: Plum downs Woodland Hills in softball opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hannah Adamski homered twice and drove in four runs during a 3-for-4 day at the plate for Plum in its 15-5, five-inning win over Woodland Hills in Section 2-AAAA on Friday.
Jordan Seneca went 2 for 2 with a homer, a double and four RBIs. Melissa LeClair finished 3 for 3 with a homer and three RBIs, and Samantha Billstone also homered for the Mustangs. Rachael Adamski held Woodland Hills (0-1, 0-1) to three hits.
Carmichaels 8, Serra Catholic 6 — Witney Larko pitched 61⁄3 innings but took the loss for the Eagles (1-2, 1-2) in their Section 2-A game. Amy McNeill had a home run for Serra Catholic.
Legacy, Colo. 4, West Mifflin 3 — Pat Schob allowed a run in the top of the eighth inning, and the Titans (2-1) lost at the Vero Beach Tournament in Vero Beach, Fla.
Norwin 12, V alley 2 — Cody Stanoszek homered and doubled, and J.J. Matijevic had a home run to lead Norwin (2-0) to a nonsection victory.
Yough 9, Springdale 4 — Brandon Regotti tripled, and CJ Vargo had a double as Yough (1-1) won a nonsection game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook:
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Effort to bring fishing event for veterans back to Squaw Valley Park picks up steam
- Justices consider social media, free speech
- Town Square to bring fresh, affordable food to Millvale
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.