Daily News roundup: Norwin baseball downs Connellsville
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Class AAAA No. 4 Norwin used its power to get by Connellsville, 9-4, in Section 2 play on Monday.
J.J. Matijevic, Connor Perry and Dom Farina all homered for the Knights (8-2, 5-2). Connellsville (6-8, 2-6) got doubles from Mike Parlak and Austin Puskar.
Shady Side Academy 13, East Allegheny 1 — Chris Santucci went 2 for 4 with three RBIs to lead Shady Side Academy to a Section 4-AA win.
Shady Side Academy 11, East Allegheny 1 — Andrew Scharbarth went 3 for 3, and Chris Santucci was 1 for 4 with three RBIs to lead Shady Side Academy (6-4, 5-1) to a Section 4-AA win. Ryan Coles doubled for East Allegheny (1-6, 1-5).
Serra Catholic 20, Clairton 2 — No. 5 Serra Catholic (8-3, 5-0) had 13 hits and benefited from four Clairton (1-4, 1-3) errors to cruise to the Section 2-A victory. Ryan Holland picked up the win.
Elizabeth Forward 11, South Park 1 — Caitlyn Arico drove in three runs, and Class AAA No. 4 Elizabeth Forward (9-3, 6-1) only needed five innings to take care of South Park (2-8, 1-7) in Section 3. Lauren Matthews got the win, striking out four and scattering six hits.
Jefferson-Morgan 4, Serra Catholic 0 — Winning pitcher Maddie Ludrosky struck out 11 over seven innings, and Morgan Simkovic belted a home run to lead third-ranked Jefferson-Morgan (9-2, 7-2) to the Section 2-A triumph over Serra Catholic (5-4, 4-4).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Steelers’ Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Autopsy scheduled on Pleasant Hills man, 95, who died following crash
- Congressmen ask NCAA to relax PSU penalties
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Range Resources increases profits to $171.4 million in Q2