WPIAL regular season extended for baseball, softball
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Because of recent inclement weather, the WPIAL has extended the deadline for when baseball and softball teams need to have their section schedules completed. The WPIAL softball committee will meet Thursday and the baseball committee will meet Friday to decide the playoff pairings, but teams have through Saturday to wrap up their section schedules. The playoffs will begin next week.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Medicare payments to tie doctor, hospital payments to quality rather than volume of care
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole
- Supporters optimistic about passage of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania
- Wilkinsburg man killed in his apartment
- Pennsylvania shale gas producers received hundreds of environmental citations in 4 years, PennEnvironment says