WPIAL tennis players advance to PIAA semis
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sewickley Academy freshman Luke Ross advanced to the semifinals of the PIAA Class AA singles tennis tournament Friday with a pair of straight-sets wins. The WPIAL champion defeated Eastern Lebanon County's Adam Bahney, 7-6 (3), 6-3, in the quarterfinals.
In Class AAA, Latrobe's Chad Kissell and Central Catholic's Adam Blasinsky, the WPIAL champ, advanced to the semifinals.
In doubles, Shady Side's Chris Grubbs and Michael Kann and North Allegheny's Kevin Goth and Jared Isaacs moved on in Class AAA. Sewickley Academy's Ryan Gex and Luke Vith advanced in Class AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins recall 4 players
- Senate GOP, fired open records director file lawsuit against Wolf
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci commits to Pitt
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Charges officially dropped against Leon Ford, who is recovering from surgery
- Arnold woman severely injured in Allegheny Township wreck
- Romero’s son plans ‘Living Dead’ origins story
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Weather postpones Route 56 closure in New Kensington
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border