WPIAL tennis players advance to PIAA semis
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sewickley Academy freshman Luke Ross advanced to the semifinals of the PIAA Class AA singles tennis tournament Friday with a pair of straight-sets wins. The WPIAL champion defeated Eastern Lebanon County's Adam Bahney, 7-6 (3), 6-3, in the quarterfinals.
In Class AAA, Latrobe's Chad Kissell and Central Catholic's Adam Blasinsky, the WPIAL champ, advanced to the semifinals.
In doubles, Shady Side's Chris Grubbs and Michael Kann and North Allegheny's Kevin Goth and Jared Isaacs moved on in Class AAA. Sewickley Academy's Ryan Gex and Luke Vith advanced in Class AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Mt. Pleasant area man dies following police chase
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout
- Giants’ Crawford makes history with slam
- Familiar format focuses on journey to Yesteryear visit
- West Virginia man dies from injuries sustained in chemical explosion
- Dumpster-diner’s point on food waste valid but not a solution
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Leader Times high roundup: Freeport girls soccer team makes playoffs
- Roundup: Pittsburgh Corning plan confirmed; II-VI reorganizes segments; more
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives