Jeannette's Gregory commits to UNC Charlotte
TribLIVE Sports Videos
One of the top girls basketball players in the WPIAL made her college decision Sunday: Jeannette rising senior Ciara Gregory made a verbal commitment to Charlotte, which plays in the Atlantic 10.
“I was down there this weekend, and I fell in love with the campus,” said Gregory, who also considered James Madison, William and Mary and Ball State. “The coaches are awesome. The team is so nice. I thought I fit in perfectly.”
As a junior, the 5-foot-7 guard was the Greensburg Tribune-Review Player of the Year and averaged 27 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Knoch girls seek dividends of experience
- Serra girls expecting repeat success
- WPIAL AAAA boys basketball preview: Runners-up last season, North Allegheny hopes to take next step
- Kiski Area boys a team in transition after graduation of top scorer
- With star Satira gone, Serra Catholic boys basketball to rely on team effort
- Latrobe boys look to defend Section 1-AAAA title with experienced lineup
- Elizabeth Forward boys basketball preparing to fill big shoes
- Frazier girls expect success under 2nd-year coach
- Southmoreland girls basketball team sets playoffs as goal
- Steel Valley boys put focus back on basketball
- Derry boys basketball hoping to change losing ways