Jeannette's Gregory commits to UNC Charlotte
By Staff Report
Published: Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012, 7:10 p.m.
One of the top girls basketball players in the WPIAL made her college decision Sunday: Jeannette rising senior Ciara Gregory made a verbal commitment to Charlotte, which plays in the Atlantic 10.
“I was down there this weekend, and I fell in love with the campus,” said Gregory, who also considered James Madison, William and Mary and Ball State. “The coaches are awesome. The team is so nice. I thought I fit in perfectly.”
As a junior, the 5-foot-7 guard was the Greensburg Tribune-Review Player of the Year and averaged 27 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Defensive stop sets tone in Erie McDowell win over Kiski Area
- Hampton, Luther prove too tall a task for Allderdice
- Greensburg Central Catholic boys roll past Bald Eagle in PIAA opener
- Blackhawk fights past sloppy 1st half to beat Mercyhurst
- PIAA boys basketball roundup: Chartiers Valley pulls out first-round victory
- Ligonier Valley basketball is a team effort for Hepner family
- Minnie paces Lincoln Park in PIAA opening-round rout of Johnsonburg
- PIAA girls basketball roundup: Mt. Lebanon ousted in first round
- North Allegheny girls enjoy ‘bounce back’ win over WPIAL champion Penn-Trafford
- Breaking down the PIAA girls basketball playoffs
- Breaking down the PIAA boys basketball playoffs