Jeannette's Gregory commits to UNC Charlotte
By Staff Report
Published: Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012, 7:10 p.m.
One of the top girls basketball players in the WPIAL made her college decision Sunday: Jeannette rising senior Ciara Gregory made a verbal commitment to Charlotte, which plays in the Atlantic 10.
“I was down there this weekend, and I fell in love with the campus,” said Gregory, who also considered James Madison, William and Mary and Ball State. “The coaches are awesome. The team is so nice. I thought I fit in perfectly.”
As a junior, the 5-foot-7 guard was the Greensburg Tribune-Review Player of the Year and averaged 27 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gillaspie’s 33 leads Monessen, 82-55
- BVA gives DeGregorio first win
- Kittanning’s defense shuts down rival Ford City
- Young Bishop Canevin girls basketball team not changing expectations
- Gateway boys hoops seek strong start to section schedule
- Seton-La Salle’s Clancy off to soaring start after 44-point performance
- Daily News roundup: Top-seeded Elizabeth Forward rolls past Frazier
- Plum girls set to open section play
- Despite youth, South Fayette girls basketball expects to find success
- South Fayette boys basketball playing the waiting game
- First-year coach looking for returning players to pace Shady Side Academy boys