Colts sweep the Sunshine State
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Chartiers Valley boys basketball team had a successful outing at the 2012 KSA Classic Basketball Tournament —held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. — as it went 3-0.
The Colts made short work of New York's Tottenville in a 81-59 victory. Chartiers Valley outscored the Pirates, 36-19, in the first quarter to coast to the win. Matty McConnell led the team with 24 points, and Michael Boulos added 19. Jerrad Tuite added 14, Dom Castello had 12 and Spencer Casson finished with 10.
Casson had a triple-double in the Colts' 61-43 win over Colorado's Eaglecrest in Game 2. The senior center had 10 points, 16 rebounds and 12 blocks in the win. McConnell had 21 points, Boulos added 14 and Tuite finished 10.
Strong defense led the Colts to an 80-61 win over Alaska' Anchorage Christian. The Colts outscored the Lions, 22-5, in the first quarter. Boulos led the team with 31 points. McConnell added 25 and Tuite 11. Castello finished with 10.
The strong showing improved the Colts' record to 5-0.
Chartiers Valley returns to WPIAL action tomorrow, Friday, as it hosts McGuffey. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Central Catholic rowers excel at Allegheny Boat Race
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Intruder in Carrick makes off with cash, weapon
- Annual Holiday Parade to celebrate all things Pittsburgh
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers