High school roundup: Bethel Park boys outlast Upper St. Clair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After battling Upper St. Clair's possession offense in the first half to a near stalemate in the first half, No. 4 Bethel Park (5-0, 2-0) used a 19-7 run in the third quarter to seal a 38-17 win in Section 4-AAAA play Tuesday night. Josh Kracfynzski had nine points for Bethel Park, which held an 8-3 halftime lead. J.J. Conn had 11 points for USC (3-3, 0-1).
Fox Chapel 66, Franklin Regional 54 — Brian Papich scored 24 points, and Matt D'Amico had 17 points and 12 rebounds as Fox Chapel (6-0, 2-0) won in Section 2-AAAA.
North Allegheny 86, Shaler 64 — Sean Hennigan's 17 points led Class AAAA No. 5 North Allegheny (5-0, 2-0) to a Section 3 win. James Meeker and Luke Soyster scored 15 and 11 points, respectively, for the Tigers.
Gateway 48, Woodland Hills 32 — Jordan Landfair and D.J. Boyce each scored 15 points as Class AAAA No. 3 Gateway (3-0, 2-0) won in Section 2.
Seneca Valley 75, North Hills 56 — Alex Snyder's career-high 20 points and 10 rebounds led Seneca Valley (4-1, 2-0) in Section 3-AAAA action.
Hempfield 73, Albert Gallatin 34 — In Section 1-AAAA, Kasen Harrell and Tony Pilato each had 10 points to lead Hempfield (5-1, 1-1) to victory.
Chartiers Valley 84, Waynesburg 28 — Matty McConnell led the way with 22 points as Class AAA No. 1 Chartiers Valley (6-0, 1-0) earned its first Section 5-AAA victory. Mike Boulos and Spencer Casson added 18 points and 14 points, respectively, for the Colts.
Montour 80, McGuffey 35 — Devin Wilson had 18 points, and Kevin Scuilli added 15 as Class AAA No. 2 Montour (5-0, 2-0) earned a Section 5 win.
Kittanning 68, Knoch 67 — Sterling Henry's last-second layup gave Kittanning (2-3, 1-1) a victory in Section 1-AAA play. Henry scored 30 points.
Jeannette 68, Riverview 29 — Duke Brown scored 20 points and added 13 rebounds as Class AA No. 2 Jeannette (5-0, 2-0) earned a Section 3 win. Julian Batts added 14 points and 10 assists.
Washington 48, Chartiers-Houston 45 — Washington's Jaylin Kelly hit a 3-pointer with 15 seconds left to seal a Section 4-AA win. Kelly had 15 points, and Josh Wise had 19 for the Little Prexies (5-0, 1-0).
Latrobe 69, Greensburg Salem 55 — In nonsection play, Blake Reeping had 21 points to lead Latrobe (3-2) to victory. Patrick Boyer and Denzel Jackson scored 20 and 18, respectively, for Greensburg Salem (1-5).
Quigley 62, Carrick 53 — Jay Fyda scored 14 points and recorded his 1,000th career point as Quigley (5-1) won in nonsection play.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: Quips finding victory amid great loss
- No. 3 Greensburg Central Catholic ends top-ranked Burrell’s section winning streak
- Chartiers Valley displays shooting touch in blowout win over USC
- Cold-shooting Monessen suffers costly loss to Fort Cherry
- Butler’s 31-point night carries Latrobe past Norwin
- Charleroi preps for showdown
- Hampton girls basketball team hustles past Ford City, 53-31
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning boys keep playoff hopes alive
- Valley routs Freeport to keep playoff hopes alive
- High school roundup: Bethel Park downs No. 4 Mt. Lebanon in Section 4-AAAA
- No. 5 Jeannette overcomes 18-point deficit, edges Serra Catholic