Boys hoops defeats Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Norwin's boys basketball team won its only game over the holiday break and its fourth in a row on Saturday by coming from behind for a 53-47 nonsection win at Baldwin.
Matt Stewart led the Knights (6-2) with 17 points and Nick Idele had 13, while A.J. Greco led Baldwin (3-7) with a game-high 25.
The Knights trailed throughout the game until the final quarter, when they outscored the Highlanders, 19-9, to rally.
“It was our first game in eight days, and we were a little flat in the first half,” Norwin coach Lynn Washowich said.
“With about 10 minutes to go, we stepped it up. We had a considerable size advantage with Matt and Nick, and we did a good job getting the ball inside.”
Norwin returns to Section 1-AAAA play at Albert Gallatin on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seneca Valley summer basketball camp proves successful
- Monessen’s Brown coaching in J. Budd Grebb Memorial Summer Basketball League
- Gateway girls basketball coach to take over Shaler
- No lack of scoring in Grebb boys’ action
- Baldwin boys basketball team to be led by solid senior leadership in 2015-16
- Young Penn-Trafford girls basketball team using summer league to improve
- Norwin girls basketball win McKeesport summer league
- Rain halts Grebb League openers
- Plum Mustangs hoops squads take advantage of summer gym time
- Gateway boys basketball making most of summer work