Boys hoops defeats Baldwin
Published: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Norwin's boys basketball team won its only game over the holiday break and its fourth in a row on Saturday by coming from behind for a 53-47 nonsection win at Baldwin.
Matt Stewart led the Knights (6-2) with 17 points and Nick Idele had 13, while A.J. Greco led Baldwin (3-7) with a game-high 25.
The Knights trailed throughout the game until the final quarter, when they outscored the Highlanders, 19-9, to rally.
“It was our first game in eight days, and we were a little flat in the first half,” Norwin coach Lynn Washowich said.
“With about 10 minutes to go, we stepped it up. We had a considerable size advantage with Matt and Nick, and we did a good job getting the ball inside.”
Norwin returns to Section 1-AAAA play at Albert Gallatin on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
— Staff report
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Penn Township police seek suspect who brought gun into foundry after suspension
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.