Boys hoops defeats Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Norwin's boys basketball team won its only game over the holiday break and its fourth in a row on Saturday by coming from behind for a 53-47 nonsection win at Baldwin.
Matt Stewart led the Knights (6-2) with 17 points and Nick Idele had 13, while A.J. Greco led Baldwin (3-7) with a game-high 25.
The Knights trailed throughout the game until the final quarter, when they outscored the Highlanders, 19-9, to rally.
“It was our first game in eight days, and we were a little flat in the first half,” Norwin coach Lynn Washowich said.
“With about 10 minutes to go, we stepped it up. We had a considerable size advantage with Matt and Nick, and we did a good job getting the ball inside.”
Norwin returns to Section 1-AAAA play at Albert Gallatin on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCallister’s 14 points lead Steel Valley past Thomas Jefferson
- Mars girls basketball team goes on defensive
- High school roundup: WPIAL coaches reach milestone victories
- Health the key to Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic girls’ season
- East Allegheny girls getting used to winning with underclassmen
- Ford City defeats South Allegheny, clinches playoff spot
- Late run seals WPIAL playoff berth for Highlands
- Area basketball teams embrace opportunities to play for championships
- Valley Independent roundup: Brownsville downs Charleroi
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball team defeats Southmoreland, 67-30
- Penn-Trafford boosts playoff hopes with win at Connellsville