Boys hoops defeats Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Norwin's boys basketball team won its only game over the holiday break and its fourth in a row on Saturday by coming from behind for a 53-47 nonsection win at Baldwin.
Matt Stewart led the Knights (6-2) with 17 points and Nick Idele had 13, while A.J. Greco led Baldwin (3-7) with a game-high 25.
The Knights trailed throughout the game until the final quarter, when they outscored the Highlanders, 19-9, to rally.
“It was our first game in eight days, and we were a little flat in the first half,” Norwin coach Lynn Washowich said.
“With about 10 minutes to go, we stepped it up. We had a considerable size advantage with Matt and Nick, and we did a good job getting the ball inside.”
Norwin returns to Section 1-AAAA play at Albert Gallatin on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Fox Chapel boys basketball team will rely on rotation for scoring
- Athletic McKeesport boys basketball team features new coach, up-tempo style
- McKeesport girls basketball team healthy, anxious to start new season
- Deer Lakes girls basketball set for AAA competition
- Area basketball coaches start preparing teams
- Apollo-Ridge girls aim to repeat strong start, avoid lapses this season
- Frazier grad Poling set to coach school’s girls basketball team
- Hedrick trying to get Connellsville basketball up to speed