High school roundup: East Allegheny hits 100 in win over Ringgold
TribLIVE Sports Videos
East Allegheny went into Tuesday's Section 3-AAA game against Ringgold averaging 59 points. The Wildcats matched that number by halftime.
East Allegheny hit the century mark against Ringgold in winning its first section game of the season, 103-59.
The Wildcats (5-7, 1-3) led, 59-21, at the half and, 74-41, after three before putting up 29 fourth-quarter points to eclipse 100.
Joel Randolph scored a game-high 26 points, while Shawn Adair added 21, Josh Jenkins 18, Jordan Williams 14 and Kaisaun McMillan 13. Ringgold (5-7, 0-3) got 20 from John Maldonado and 18 from Brandon Gilliam.
Norwin 58, Albert Gallatin 35 — Matt Stewart scored 20, and P.J Mutijtvic added 10 as Norwin stayed unbeaten in Section 1-AAAA.
Norwin (7-3, 4-0) led, 42-15, at the half.
Thomas Jefferson 69, Belle Vernon 47 — Thomas Jefferson kept pace with Section 4-AAA-leading West Mifflin with a home win over rival Belle Vernon.
Joe Carroll scored 21 points, Eric Fair added 14 and Chase Winovich 12 for the Jaguars (7-3, 4-0). Belle Vernon (2-9, 1-3) got 23 points from Jason Capco.
Serra Catholic 56, Shady Side Academy 45 — Serra (10-1, 3-1) rebounded from its first loss with a win in Section 3-AA.
Tyler Grebur scored 18, Max Kaminsky added 17 and Joe Satira 10. Aaron Horne led Shady Side Academy (4-8, 2-3) with 17 points.
South Allegheny 45, Riverview 39 — South Allegheny (4-8, 1-3) picked up its first Section 3-AA win.
Kordell Thompson scored 20, and Derek Vargo added 13 for the Gladiators. Sam Gonsowski led Riverview (4-7, 1-4) with 12 points.
Clairton 69, Carmichaels 52 — Clairton (4-1, 2-0) used a 25-13 fourth quarter to pull away for a Section 3-A win.
Bryon Clifford scored a game-high 30 points for the Bears, and Terrish Webb added 11. Brandon Lawless scored 24 for Carmichaels (9-2, 1-1).
Central Catholic 77, Woodland Hills 29 — David Urso scored the first 20 points of the third quarter and finished with a game-high 32 points in Central Catholic's Section 2-AAAA win.
Ryan Thomas paced Woodland Hills (3-8, 0-5) with 14 points.
Laurel Highlands 55, Yough 44 — Yough got 19 points from Ben D'Amico and 14 from Josh Sterner, but it wasn't enough as the Cougars (4-9, 1-4) lost their third straight in Section 3-AAA and fourth overall.
Shane Guthrie led Laurel Highlands (7-5, 3-1) with 20 points
Franklin Regional 62, McKeesport 43 — McKeesport (6-6, 0-4) couldn't hold onto a 12-6 first-quarter lead as the Lady Tigers dropped a Section 2-AAAA game.
Katie Dansak scored 12 points for McKeesport, and Maggie Kimich led Franklin Regional (6-4, 2-2) with 22 points.
Yough 35, Bentworth 25 — Larissa Tall scored 11 points as Yough came away with the nonsection win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Port Authority’s plan for car-free communities slow to bear fruit
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Hill District group asks why locals not part of Penguins project design opportunity
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Pitt’s cancer institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- Unlike during his time at Florida, Ohio State’s Meyer learning to enjoy his success
- Patience serves as virtue amid pitching prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers