High school roundup: Hopewell girls beat South Park in PBC Tournament showdown
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In a battle of two of the top teams in Class AAA, the No. 5 Hopewell girls basketball team topped No. 2 South Park, 49-34, at the Pittsburgh Basketball Club Tournament at Ambridge on Saturday night.
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough had 29 points and 10 rebounds to lead Hopewell (14-2). Shelby Lindsay was held without a field goal but was 7 of 8 from the line for South Park (13-2).
Central Valley 72, Montour 32 — Seairra Barrett scored 28 points to lead Class AAA No. 4 Central Valley (14-1) to victory at the Pittsburgh Basketball Club Tournament.
Madi Rowan and Kiana Law added 18 and 16 points, respectively, for Central Valley.
Hampton 51, New Castle 21 — Sara Pilarski scored 12 points and pulled down 18 rebounds as Hampton (11-4, 6-0) defeated New Castle (6-9) in nonsection play.
Beaver 40, Rochester 18 — Lexi Posset's 13 points led Beaver (12-1) to a nonsection win.
Quaker Valley 47, Westinghouse 35 — Sierra Perlik scored 16 points and added seven steals in Quaker Valley's nonsection win. Rachel Smith added 14 points and eight rebounds for Quaker Valley (9-5).
Mt. Lebanon 56, Altoona 44 — In nonsection play, Alex Ventrone scored 18 points to lead Class AAAA No. 2 Mt. Lebanon (14-2) to victory.
Seton-La Salle 61, Villa Maria Academy 39 — Cassidy Walsh scored 15 points as Class A No. 1 Seton-La Salle (14-1) won its seventh straight.
Vincentian 82, Trinity Christian 51 — Ryan Wolf's 23 points led Class A No. 1 Vincentian (14-1) to victory.
Hempfield 56, Hollidaysburg 49 — In nonsection play, Kason Harrell had 19 points, and Tony Pilato added 12 to lead Hempfield (12-4) to victory.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Penn State edges Central Florida on last-second field goal
- 90,000 people could hit the North Shore for games, ribs
- Outbound 376 reopened after man on exit sign caused closure
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Pirates notebook: Lambo recalled to bolster bench
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Pitt presents Web resource to combat OD deaths
- Harrison shines again as Pirates clip Reds, 2-1
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Corbett team rails at pollster