Snow affects Alle-Kiski Valley hoops schedule
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Friday's snowstorm wiped out the local high school basketball schedule and an outdoor hockey game.
But Plum's wrestling team hit the Turnpike before the brunt of the storm and, after about a four-hour trip, arrived safely in New Oxford for the New Oxford Invitational.
The event, however, has been condensed to one day, Friday's action was canceled.
That left Plum's wrestlers roaming their hotel.
“Just a lot of hanging out in our rooms and playing cards,” senior 220-pounder Jake DiGuilio said.
Here is a list of Friday's postponements/cancellations with make-up dates.
• Burrell at Ford City, postponed to 2:30 p.m. today
• Woodland Hills at Fox Chapel, 2:30 p.m. Saturday
• Albert Gallatin at Kiski Area, 6:30 p.m. Saturday
• Indiana at Knoch, 7:30 p.m. Saturday
• Imani Christian at St. Joseph, 7:30 p.m. Monday
• Riverview at Shady Side Academy, 7:30 p.m. Monday
• Deer Lakes at Summit Academy, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday
• Quaker Valley at Highlands, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday
• Kittanning at Valley, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday
• Leechburg at Winchester-Thurston, 7:30 p.m. Thursday
• Freeport at Mars, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4
• Gateway at Plum, TBD
• Springdale at Jeannette, TBD
• West Shamokin at Apollo-Ridge, TBD
• Woodland Hills at Fox Chapel, 1 p.m. Saturday
• North Catholic at Burrell, 6 p.m. Saturday
• Gateway at Plum, TBD
• Deer Lakes at Freeport, Canceled
• Kittanning vs. Quaker Valley, at North Park outdoor rink, TBD
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Health the key to Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic girls’ season
- Mars girls basketball team goes on defensive
- Connellsville girls fall short against Penn-Trafford
- McCallister’s 14 points lead Steel Valley past Thomas Jefferson
- High school basketball notebook: Playoff picture comes into focus
- High school roundup: WPIAL coaches reach milestone victories
- Monessen cruises to 63-point win over West Greene
- Geibel boys basketball team sweeps season series versus Mapletown with 40-39 victory
- Riverview’s zone defense slows Leechburg in important Section 2-A win
- South Fayette boys basketball focused on section title
- Ligonier Valley’s 3-sports standout nearing 1,000 career points