FC grad reaches milestone; scores 1,000 points at Penn State-Behrend
TribLIVE Sports Videos
2009 Fox Chapel High School graduate Holly Borquin recently reached a milestone event in her basketball career at Penn State-Behrend.
The 5-11 senior forward became the 10th player in school history to score 1,000 career points.
Borquin is second on the team in scoring with a 10.5 average and she also averages six rebounds a game.
Borquin, a marketing major, reached the mark with a 16-point effort in a 58-52 loss against Pitt-Greensburg.
She is one of the tri-captains of this year's team.
Last season, she was a second-team All AMCC choice.
Penn State-Behrend sports a 10-6 overall record and is 8-3 in the AMCC.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Manufacturing cranks up production pace
- Princeton, worker seek solution on medical marijuana use on the job
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well