FC grad reaches milestone; scores 1,000 points at Penn State-Behrend
TribLIVE Sports Videos
2009 Fox Chapel High School graduate Holly Borquin recently reached a milestone event in her basketball career at Penn State-Behrend.
The 5-11 senior forward became the 10th player in school history to score 1,000 career points.
Borquin is second on the team in scoring with a 10.5 average and she also averages six rebounds a game.
Borquin, a marketing major, reached the mark with a 16-point effort in a 58-52 loss against Pitt-Greensburg.
She is one of the tri-captains of this year's team.
Last season, she was a second-team All AMCC choice.
Penn State-Behrend sports a 10-6 overall record and is 8-3 in the AMCC.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: PIAA spring sports season underway
- High school notebook: Attendance up at WPIAL basketball title games
- PIAA basketball playoff brackets set
- Monessen boys, Cal Area girls each draw Venango Catholic
- Gorman: McConnells owned ‘The Pete’
- Four BVA wrestlers advance to PIAA finals
- Indiana boys beat Beaver Falls for 1st WPIAL basketball title
- Playoff experience could pay dividends for Butler basketball team
- Quigley Catholic takes down Serra Catholic girls
- WPIAL finalists feature skilled scorers, playmakers on perimeter
- Late 3-pointer sends Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic girls to finals