High school roundup: TJ girls win third straight section game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Thomas Jefferson defeated Brownsville, 66-52, to win its third consecutive Section 4-AAA game to move with a game of second place.
The Lady Jaguars (7-9, 4-3) opened up a 15-5 first-quarter lead en route to the victory.
Jesse Hinkle led all scorers with 15 points, while Alexis Yanief and Courtney Zoglmann added 11 each.
Hempfield 50, Norwin 42 — Rachel Keto's 12 points weren't enough as Hempfield (14-2, 9-0) used a big third quarter to remain in first place in Section 1-AAAA with a home win over Norwin (8-8, 6-3). Hempfield outscored Norwin, 18-11, in the decisive third quarter.
Uniontown 75, Yough 17 — Danesha Harris scored 16 points as Uniontown (12-2, 7-1) had little problem with Yough (6-11, 1-7) in Section 3-AAA.
Springdale 57, East Allegheny 33 — Springdale raced to a 38-4 halftime lead en route to a Section 3-AA win over East Allegheny (1-13, 0-8). Amanda Koprivnikar led Springdale (9-8, 4-3) with 13 points, while EA got nine from Ashley Hardner.
Bishop Canevin 66, Steel Valley 39 — Steel Valley got outscored, 18-6, in the second quarter to fall behind Bishop Canevin 36-16 and lost a key Section 3-AA game. Erin Waskowiak paced Canevin (14-2, 7-1) with 25, while Lacy Gori led Steel Valley (9-5, 4-3) with 10.
Serra 85, Northgate 24 — Serra led, 31-4, after the first quarter and cruised to its 12th straight victory with a non-section win at Northgate. Nicole Pero scored 15 and Megan Sieg 11 to pace Serra (13-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Raptor system helps to protect Ringgold students