Local roundup: Elizabeth Forward closes in on section title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Elizabeth Forward inched closer to the Section 4-AAA title with a convincing 47-27 win over host Brownsville on Monday. It was the 14th consecutive win for EF (17-1, 9-0).
Natalie Fekula scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Olivia Barkley scored 11 and Macy Pekala dished out 11 assists. EF can clinch the section title with a win over West Mifflin on Wednesday.
Mt. Pleasant 48, Yough 20 — Casey Zelenak led all scorers with 12 points as Mt. Pleasant (9-9, 5-4 Secion 3-AAA) won its second in a row after losing three straight.
Natalie Peebles and Jojo Sterner each finished with five points to lead the Cougars (7-12, 2-8).
Jeannette 71, East Allegheny 19 — Ciara Gregory scored 27 points as Jeannette (12-5, 9-1) cruised past East Allegheny (1-15, 0-9) in Section 3-AA play.
Katlyn Keenan led EA with 10 points.
Norwin 59, Albert Gallatin 56 — Alayna Gribble had 13 points, and Nikki Ingle added 10 to lead Norwin (10-8, 8-3) to a Section 1-AAAA win.
Steel Valley 54, Brentwood 27 — Steel Valley (11-6, 6-3) won its second straight Section 4-AA game to remain in third place. A win at Fort Cherry on Thursday will clinch a playoff spot for the Lady Ironmen.
Clairton 45, Geibel 42 — Taleese Ogletree scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Clairton (6-9, 3-4) came away with a Section 4-A win and moved into the fourth and final playoff spot.
Serra Catholic 48, Monessen 13 — Serra Catholic raced to a 30-4 halftime lead and rolled to a Section 4-A win at Monessen.
Megan Sieg scored 15 points, and Nicole Pero 10 for Serra (15-2, 7-0).
West Mifflin 53, Ringgold 30 — Cleve Randolph and Derrick Fulmore scored 10 points as West Mifflin beat Ringgold (13-3, 8-1) in a Section 4-AAA game.
John Maldonado paced Ringgold with 13 points.
Seton-La Salle 57, Thomas Jefferson 46 — Seton-La Salle outscored visiting Thomas Jefferson in every quarter to come away with a nonsection win. Dom DelGreco led Seton-La Salle (15-2) with 15 points.
Thomas Jefferson fell to 12-6.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State names Barbour new AD
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes
- How to read books in the digital age
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Power fight urge to look ahead with playoffs looming
- Israel agrees to extend Gaza war truce by 4 hours
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Steelers training camp photo gallery