Local roundup: Cujas delivers in Ford City's win over Freeport
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City junior Allyson Cujas continues to prove that she's one of the elite post players in the Armstrong and Alle-Kiski areas.
Cujas, a 5-foot-9 forward, finished with 24 points and 11 rebounds in the Sabers' 50-33 home win over Freeport in nonsection play Tuesday night.
Christina Davis scored 14 points for Class AA Ford City (10-7, 4-4), which led, 16-11, at halftime.
Zoe Sollis had a team-high 13 points for Class AAA Freeport (6-11, 4-6).
Wilkinsburg 86, Leechburg39 — Jacob Iellimo scored 16 points to lead Leechburg (7-9, 2-4), which had only one other scorer (Alex Sipolino, six points) with multiple field goals in the Section 4-A loss.
Ed Risher's 20-point performance ranked as the best for Wilkinsburg (9-7, 6-0), which had five double-digit scorers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cager Classic notebook: Highlands, Mars players bury hatchet for the weekend
- Division I-bound duo to lead East girls team at Cager Classic
- Tough seasons to end on high note for girls at Cager Classic
- Ford City, Kittanning making final appearances at Cager Classic
- Plum seniors look forward to Cager Classic
- PIAA committee wants to revive western final
- Basketball all-stars delay hanging up sneakers
- Slagus, Schmidt lead local Roundball contingent
- Norwin girls beat North Allegheny again, reach PIAA semifinals
- Aliquippa boys’ bid for undefeated season ends with loss in PIAA Class AA title game
- Seton-La Salle girls fall short in Class AA final