Local roundup: Cujas delivers in Ford City’s win over Freeport
By Staff Reports
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:04 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Ford City junior Allyson Cujas continues to prove that she's one of the elite post players in the Armstrong and Alle-Kiski areas.
Cujas, a 5-foot-9 forward, finished with 24 points and 11 rebounds in the Sabers' 50-33 home win over Freeport in nonsection play Tuesday night.
Christina Davis scored 14 points for Class AA Ford City (10-7, 4-4), which led, 16-11, at halftime.
Zoe Sollis had a team-high 13 points for Class AAA Freeport (6-11, 4-6).
Wilkinsburg 86, Leechburg 39 — Jacob Iellimo scored 16 points to lead Leechburg (7-9, 2-4), which had only one other scorer (Alex Sipolino, six points) with multiple field goals in the Section 4-A loss.
Ed Risher's 20-point performance ranked as the best for Wilkinsburg (9-7, 6-0), which had five double-digit scorers.
- Tunisian security blocks radical Islamists’ conference
- Senators notebook: Big cheers for little hero Pageau
- 2 men arrested in killing of teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- North Korea fires projectile into eastern waters, 4th test in 2 days
- Pakistan repeats vote despite killing
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Officer shot in Boston showdown wants to work
- Scandals intrude on Massachusetts race
- Israel favors interim deal with Palestinians
- No injuries reported as twisters hit Kansas homes
- Stay out of Conn., governor pleads, saying commute to be snarled for week
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.