Local roundup: Cujas delivers in Ford City's win over Freeport
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City junior Allyson Cujas continues to prove that she's one of the elite post players in the Armstrong and Alle-Kiski areas.
Cujas, a 5-foot-9 forward, finished with 24 points and 11 rebounds in the Sabers' 50-33 home win over Freeport in nonsection play Tuesday night.
Christina Davis scored 14 points for Class AA Ford City (10-7, 4-4), which led, 16-11, at halftime.
Zoe Sollis had a team-high 13 points for Class AAA Freeport (6-11, 4-6).
Wilkinsburg 86, Leechburg 39 — Jacob Iellimo scored 16 points to lead Leechburg (7-9, 2-4), which had only one other scorer (Alex Sipolino, six points) with multiple field goals in the Section 4-A loss.
Ed Risher's 20-point performance ranked as the best for Wilkinsburg (9-7, 6-0), which had five double-digit scorers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class AAAA boys basketball preview: After 1st playoff win since 2003, Hempfield boys hope to advance in postseason
- Kittanning boys basketball shoots for 4th straight playoff trip in program’s final season
- Wildcats return their core
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball coach eager to start season with versatile team
- Thomas Jefferson girls bring hard-nosed play, intangibles to the court
- After struggling in Class AA, Serra boys basketball welcomes move down in classification
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tipton named conference dual-award winner
- Kiski Area boys ready for encore
- Thomas Jefferson boys basketball team has high expectations
- Class AAAA girls basketball preview: Penn-Trafford welcomes doubters as it begins WPIAL title defense
- Chartiers Valley basketball preparing for jump to AAAA