Local roundup: Serra girls remain perfect in section
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Lindsay Muscher and Danielle Dindak had 14 and 12 points, respectively, to lead Serra Catholic (18-2, 10-0) to a 60-19 victory over Frazier in Section 4-A play Thursday night. Frazier fell to 9-11 overall and 4-6 in the section.
West Mifflin 61, Thomas Jefferson 54 — Taylor Thomas scored 18 points, and Ciara Patterson added 13 to lead West Mifflin (9-12, 8-4) to a Section 4-AAA win. Jesse Hinkle had 20 points for Thomas Jefferson (8-13, 5-7), which made a 23-14 run to end the game.
Steel Valley 50, Wilkinsburg 12 — The Ironmen improved to 14-7 overall and 8-4 in Section 4-AA with a dominating victory. Wilkinsburg (0-16, 0-12) scored just three first-half points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Latrobe girls basketball confident they can compete with elite teams in Section 1
- Boosters’ tip-off basketball tournament on tap at Brentwood
- Presto emphasizes defense for Baldwin girls basketball
- Valley boys on learning curve
- Baldwin boys basketball looks to seniors
- Helton, Ford, O’Malley set to lead Rebels’ basketball in 2015-16
- Connellsville boys expecting to compete for postseason spot
- WPIAL Class AA girls basketball preview: Seton-La Salle’s 4th coach in 5 seasons offers unique perspective
- Sewickley Academy girls embrace the unknown
- WPIAL Class AA boys basketball preview: Aliquippa taking aim at titles in football, basketball once players return to court
- Derry girls basketball chasing elusive winning season