Local roundup: Serra girls remain perfect in section
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Lindsay Muscher and Danielle Dindak had 14 and 12 points, respectively, to lead Serra Catholic (18-2, 10-0) to a 60-19 victory over Frazier in Section 4-A play Thursday night. Frazier fell to 9-11 overall and 4-6 in the section.
West Mifflin 61, Thomas Jefferson 54 — Taylor Thomas scored 18 points, and Ciara Patterson added 13 to lead West Mifflin (9-12, 8-4) to a Section 4-AAA win. Jesse Hinkle had 20 points for Thomas Jefferson (8-13, 5-7), which made a 23-14 run to end the game.
Steel Valley 50, Wilkinsburg 12 — The Ironmen improved to 14-7 overall and 8-4 in Section 4-AA with a dominating victory. Wilkinsburg (0-16, 0-12) scored just three first-half points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New manager welcomes challenge
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- Bell Twp. museum delighted by native son’s WWI uniform
- Kittanning to crack down on dock hogs
- Principals question evaluation criteria
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- Ford City group focuses on health of park’s trees