Foxes close regular season with victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel boys basketball team wrapped up its regular season on Feb. 11 with a 58-37 nonsection romp over Peters Township.
The Foxes cruised to a 23-9 lead after the first quarter and coasted to victory.
Matt D'Amico led all scorers with 19 points and Brian Papich chipped in with 10.
Immediately after the game, coach Zach Skrinjar and his team immediately turned their thoughts to the WPIAL Class AAAA seedings, which were announced the following night.
The Foxes had it pretty much all figured out, though, and there were no surprises as the Foxes received the No. 10 seed and would battle Hempfield in the first round of the playoffs, which began on Wednesday.
Results of the game were not available when this paper went to press.
“When we looked at where we thought we would get seeded, we figured we could be any where from a 9 to 12 seed,” Skrinjar said.
“We narrowed it down to four teams that we thought we could face and Hempfield was one of them.
The Foxes (16-6) and Spartans (17-5) met earlier this season in the Montour Tournament in December and FC came away with a hard-fought 67-65 win.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Late run seals WPIAL playoff berth for Highlands
- High school roundup: WPIAL coaches reach milestone victories
- McCallister’s 14 points lead Steel Valley past Thomas Jefferson
- Greensburg high school roundup: Greensburg Salem edges West Shamokin
- Jayhawks cruise past Saints on senior night
- Same old story: Monessen rolls in 3-A, 75-12
- Daily News roundup: Perz’s 26 points leads Norwin past Kiski Area
- Kiski Area’s playoff hopes are still alive despite latest loss to Norwin
- Falcons’ Noah puts the ‘Brown’ in Brownsville
- Valley routs Freeport to keep playoff hopes alive
- Penn-Trafford boosts playoff hopes with win at Connellsville