Foxes close regular season with victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel boys basketball team wrapped up its regular season on Feb. 11 with a 58-37 nonsection romp over Peters Township.
The Foxes cruised to a 23-9 lead after the first quarter and coasted to victory.
Matt D'Amico led all scorers with 19 points and Brian Papich chipped in with 10.
Immediately after the game, coach Zach Skrinjar and his team immediately turned their thoughts to the WPIAL Class AAAA seedings, which were announced the following night.
The Foxes had it pretty much all figured out, though, and there were no surprises as the Foxes received the No. 10 seed and would battle Hempfield in the first round of the playoffs, which began on Wednesday.
Results of the game were not available when this paper went to press.
“When we looked at where we thought we would get seeded, we figured we could be any where from a 9 to 12 seed,” Skrinjar said.
“We narrowed it down to four teams that we thought we could face and Hempfield was one of them.
The Foxes (16-6) and Spartans (17-5) met earlier this season in the Montour Tournament in December and FC came away with a hard-fought 67-65 win.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burrell girls basketball braces for Greensburg Central
- Greensburg high school roundup: Hempfield downs Penn-Trafford to stay unbeaten
- Deep roster sparks Butler boys basketball team
- Butler girls basketball team earning narrow victories
- Shady Side Academy torments Apollo-Ridge, moves to 3-0
- Roundup: Cal turns showdown into 63-36 blowout
- Plum’s defense seals win over McKeesport
- Injuries hurting Jeannette girls basketball
- Defensive play fueling Mars boys basketball team
- West Mifflin edges late-charging Steel Valley in Section 4 contest
- Valley Independent roundup: Elizabeth Forward edges Ringgold in Section 4-AAA clash