Foxes close regular season with victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel boys basketball team wrapped up its regular season on Feb. 11 with a 58-37 nonsection romp over Peters Township.
The Foxes cruised to a 23-9 lead after the first quarter and coasted to victory.
Matt D'Amico led all scorers with 19 points and Brian Papich chipped in with 10.
Immediately after the game, coach Zach Skrinjar and his team immediately turned their thoughts to the WPIAL Class AAAA seedings, which were announced the following night.
The Foxes had it pretty much all figured out, though, and there were no surprises as the Foxes received the No. 10 seed and would battle Hempfield in the first round of the playoffs, which began on Wednesday.
Results of the game were not available when this paper went to press.
“When we looked at where we thought we would get seeded, we figured we could be any where from a 9 to 12 seed,” Skrinjar said.
“We narrowed it down to four teams that we thought we could face and Hempfield was one of them.
The Foxes (16-6) and Spartans (17-5) met earlier this season in the Montour Tournament in December and FC came away with a hard-fought 67-65 win.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Ireland voters expected to OK gay marriage
- Connellsville’s Wiltrout sets another record, wins 2nd PIAA title
- Eiffel Tower temporarily shut down as employees walk out
- Murray, Alpha notify West Virginia coal miners of layoffs
- Local man celebrates 50th birthday with family and friends
- Allegheny County cutting ties with Corizon Health following death of 2 inmates at county jail
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Coraopolis
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset Twp. grocery store
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again