Thomas scored 31 in West Mifflin loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A victory wasn't in the cards for the West Mifflin girls basketball team Wednesday night, but Taylor Thomas made sure the final game of the season was a memorable one.
The junior scored 31 points, but it wasn't enough, as the Titans fell, 82-61, to top-seeded Blackhawk in a WPIAL Class AAA first-round game at West Allegheny. Thomas also had 23 points Saturday in a preliminary-round win over Kittanning.
Chassidy Omogrosso had 31 points, and Bridget Schaffer had 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Cougars (23-0). Alexis Graham also had 18 for Blackhawk, which will play Belle Vernon in the quarterfinals Saturday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burrell girls basketball braces for Greensburg Central
- Deep roster sparks Butler boys basketball team
- Greensburg Salem’s Oberdorf on early-season scoring binge
- Plum boys win section opener, girls fall to Fox Chapel
- Fox Chapel’s Urso adjusts quickly between football, basketball
- Butler girls basketball team earning narrow victories
- Experience has Mars girls basketball team optimistic
- High school roundup: Quaker Valley girls win at buzzer
- Perz providing Norwin boys basketball a scoring spark
- Daily News roundup: East Allegheny girls stay unbeaten
- Strong 2nd half propels Elizabeth Forward girls basketball past feisty Brownsville, 60-44