Thomas scored 31 in West Mifflin loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A victory wasn't in the cards for the West Mifflin girls basketball team Wednesday night, but Taylor Thomas made sure the final game of the season was a memorable one.
The junior scored 31 points, but it wasn't enough, as the Titans fell, 82-61, to top-seeded Blackhawk in a WPIAL Class AAA first-round game at West Allegheny. Thomas also had 23 points Saturday in a preliminary-round win over Kittanning.
Chassidy Omogrosso had 31 points, and Bridget Schaffer had 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Cougars (23-0). Alexis Graham also had 18 for Blackhawk, which will play Belle Vernon in the quarterfinals Saturday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Oncologists wary of scaled-back guidelines in cancer screenings
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Posthumous election wins have happened in Western Pa., nation
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Marlins, May 25, 2014