Thomas scored 31 in West Mifflin loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A victory wasn't in the cards for the West Mifflin girls basketball team Wednesday night, but Taylor Thomas made sure the final game of the season was a memorable one.
The junior scored 31 points, but it wasn't enough, as the Titans fell, 82-61, to top-seeded Blackhawk in a WPIAL Class AAA first-round game at West Allegheny. Thomas also had 23 points Saturday in a preliminary-round win over Kittanning.
Chassidy Omogrosso had 31 points, and Bridget Schaffer had 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Cougars (23-0). Alexis Graham also had 18 for Blackhawk, which will play Belle Vernon in the quarterfinals Saturday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Ferrante defense questions results of cyanide test
- Falling fuel prices help airlines — not fliers
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Guido: Kittanning-Ford City rivalry packed with memories
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Hax: Moms are pals and their kids are dating — is that a problem?
- Not man for job
- Revised Ebola guidelines stress full gear, training
- Harvest of Hope fundraiser to support cancer patients
- Pittsburgh Whiskey festival provides exposure to new products