Thomas scored 31 in West Mifflin loss
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, 8:54 p.m.
A victory wasn't in the cards for the West Mifflin girls basketball team Wednesday night, but Taylor Thomas made sure the final game of the season was a memorable one.
The junior scored 31 points, but it wasn't enough, as the Titans fell, 82-61, to top-seeded Blackhawk in a WPIAL Class AAA first-round game at West Allegheny. Thomas also had 23 points Saturday in a preliminary-round win over Kittanning.
Chassidy Omogrosso had 31 points, and Bridget Schaffer had 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Cougars (23-0). Alexis Graham also had 18 for Blackhawk, which will play Belle Vernon in the quarterfinals Saturday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play