Thomas scored 31 in West Mifflin loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A victory wasn't in the cards for the West Mifflin girls basketball team Wednesday night, but Taylor Thomas made sure the final game of the season was a memorable one.
The junior scored 31 points, but it wasn't enough, as the Titans fell, 82-61, to top-seeded Blackhawk in a WPIAL Class AAA first-round game at West Allegheny. Thomas also had 23 points Saturday in a preliminary-round win over Kittanning.
Chassidy Omogrosso had 31 points, and Bridget Schaffer had 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Cougars (23-0). Alexis Graham also had 18 for Blackhawk, which will play Belle Vernon in the quarterfinals Saturday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- High school roundup: Pine-Richland squad wins PIAA spirit title
- High school basketball roundup: Chartiers Valley routs Lincoln Park
- Knoch boys adjusting after losing point guard Hannes to injury
- Versatile sophomore Jonczak has Highlands in playoff hunt after 3-16 season
- Snyder taking his best shot for Seneca Valley
- Clutch free throws lift West Mifflin boys over Steel Valley
- Neither coach happy after Monessen beats Avella by 90 points
- Ford City battles, earns hard-fought 46-43 win over Wilkinsburg
- Gorman: Celebrating Western Pa.’s hoops history
- HS highlight reel: Softball standouts make commitment to Marist
- Tipton helps lift Apollo-Ridge over Section 2-AA foe Shady Side Academy