Serra Catholic girls continue postseason trek
By Dave Yohe
Published: Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, 10:12 p.m.
Eliminated in the first round last season, Serra Catholic's girls basketball team suddenly is headed to the WPIAL Class A Final Four.
The No. 2-seeded Golden Eagles (22-2) take on No. 3 North Catholic (15-9) at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Keystone Oaks for a chance to play for the championship at Duquesne University's A.J. Palumbo Center.
Dave Yohe is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kiski Area shrugs off 54-point semifinal loss, refocuses on PIAA playoffs
- Breaking down the PIAA boys basketball playoffs
- Thomas Jefferson basketball team wants to erase sting of WPIAL loss
- After long layoff, Frazier, Mt. Pleasant girls set for PIAA tournament
- Trib Cup: Focused roster leads Vincentian girls to 3rd straight WPIAL title
- For 3rd straight season, New Castle tops Hampton for WPIAL championship
- Quaker Valley boys qualify for PIAA tournament
- Frazier, EF girls set to hit PIAA road
- Lady Trojans set for PIAA playoffs
- Vincentian claims 3rd straight WPIAL Class A girls title
- Oliver: Lincoln Park is best team that school districts can subsidize