Serra Catholic girls continue postseason trek
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eliminated in the first round last season, Serra Catholic's girls basketball team suddenly is headed to the WPIAL Class A Final Four.
The No. 2-seeded Golden Eagles (22-2) take on No. 3 North Catholic (15-9) at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Keystone Oaks for a chance to play for the championship at Duquesne University's A.J. Palumbo Center.
Dave Yohe is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Pro runners go extra mile prior to Downtown Pittsburgh event
- Power facing potential scheduling conflict with ArenaBowl
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Dixon, Pitt men’s basketball team aren’t planning island vacation
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor