Serra Catholic girls continue postseason trek
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eliminated in the first round last season, Serra Catholic's girls basketball team suddenly is headed to the WPIAL Class A Final Four.
The No. 2-seeded Golden Eagles (22-2) take on No. 3 North Catholic (15-9) at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Keystone Oaks for a chance to play for the championship at Duquesne University's A.J. Palumbo Center.
Dave Yohe is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- WPIAL Class AAA boys basketball preview: Experienced lineup has Mars among title contenders
- Woodland Hills’ plan starts to come together
- Crop of young players bodes well for Springdale boys basketball team
- WPIAL Class AAA girls basketball preview: South Fayette using title-game defeat as motivation
- Springdale girls seeking fresh start after 0-19 year
- Franklin Regional boys basketball enters the season battle-tested
- Woodland Hills girls basketball team emphasizing attention to detail
- New coach ready to get started with Gateway girls basketball
- Gateway boys basketball looking to get defensive
- Connellsville girls ready to compete for playoffs spot
- WPIAL AAAA boys basketball preview: Runners-up last season, North Allegheny hopes to take next step