Serra Catholic girls continue postseason trek
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eliminated in the first round last season, Serra Catholic's girls basketball team suddenly is headed to the WPIAL Class A Final Four.
The No. 2-seeded Golden Eagles (22-2) take on No. 3 North Catholic (15-9) at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Keystone Oaks for a chance to play for the championship at Duquesne University's A.J. Palumbo Center.
Dave Yohe is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Daily News Fabulous 15: Senior standouts highlight all-star team
- Kittanning senior Kunst shoots lights out at Cager Classic skills event
- Teams set mark for 3-pointers as East boys nip West, 110-109, in Cager Classic
- Division I-bound duo to lead East girls team at Cager Classic
- Cager Classic notebook: Highlands, Mars players bury hatchet for the weekend
- Grodz resigns as Charleroi Area coach
- Longtime Westminster coach’s influence is felt in WPIAL basketball
- Basketball all-stars delay hanging up sneakers
- Tough seasons to end on high note for girls at Cager Classic
- Seton-La Salle girls basketball team peaks with 8-game playoff run
- Seton-La Salle coach’s system validated with back-to-back berths in WPIAL finals