EF's Davidson tops Sec. 4 AAA All-Section
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It's no secret that a big reason why Elizabeth Forward had a successful season in Section 4 AAA boys basketball is because of JaQuan Davidson.
After all, the 6-4 Davidson not only led the Warriors in scoring, he was the top scorer in all of Class AAA at 22 ppg.
Davidson, a junior, help lead EF (12-11) into the playoffs with his all-around play and today he leads the Section 4 AAA All-Section Team.
The team, which was released Tuesday, features three juniors on the first team as Davidson is joined by section runner-up West Mifflin's 6-1 Ryan Maha (18.3 ppg) and Steel Valley's 6-2 Ajan Smith.
Two seniors round out the first team with section champion Thomas Jefferson's 6-2 Joe Carroll (16.7 ppg) and East Allegheny's diminutive 5-4 Jordan Williams (17.5) making the list.
All five players are guards.
The second team includes Belle Vernon Area's Jason Capco and Ringgold's John Maldonado.
Capco, a 6-3 junior, averaged 15.8 ppg., while Maldonado, a 6-0 senior, averaged 15.4 ppg for the Rams.
Others named to the second tea, include East Allegheny 6-3 senior Joel Randolph (15.2 ppg) and juniors Dorian Broadwater of Steel Valley (6-0, 11 ppg) and Chase Winovich of TJ 96-4, 11.9 ppg).
The honorable mention list was composed of four seniors, including West Mifflin's Derek Fulmore and Cleave Randolph, TJ's Zach Schademan and East Allegheny's Shawn Adair.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii crash that killed Pittsburgh couple
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- $500,000 OK’d as partial settlement in lawsuit from 2012 Pittsburgh flash flood
- Young Hotel residents moved to temporary shelter in Pitcairn
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Wider Israeli attack threatened ; truce fails
- Stock market investors going full speed ahead
- Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia sued by brother over loan
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- EPA failing to stop natural gas pipeline leaks, internal watchdog says