Brentwood teams to start season in annual tip-off tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Brentwood High Athletic Boosters' annual tip-off basketball tournament will take place Dec. 6 and 7, and will be a boys' and girls' event held at the high school and middle school gyms again this year.
Brentwood, Carrick, South Park and Steel Valley will compete for the boys' championship, while Brentwood, Carrick, Avonworth and Brashear will vie for the girls' championship.
The first-round schedule is as follows:
• At 6 p.m., the Brentwood and Carrick girls will play in the high school gym; the South Park and Steel Valley boys will play in the middle school gym.
• At 8 p.m., the Brentwood and Carrick boys will play in the high school gym; the Brashear and Avonworth girls will play in the middle school gym.
The following day, the girls' consolation game will be held at 1 p.m., followed by the boys' consolation game at 3 p.m.
The girls' championship game will take place at 5 p.m., followed by the boys' championship game at 7 p.m.
Both the boys' and girls' consolation and championship rounds will be held in the high school gym.
The Brentwood boys' team lost gut-wrenching decisions to South Park, 51-10, and Meadville, 46-44, in the past two championship games.
Avonworth has won the girls' championship trophy for nine consecutive seasons.
The Lady Antelopes edged the Brentwood girls in last year's finals, 44-42. The Lady Spartans defeated Carrick, 45-38, in the opening round.
Two Brentwood girls — Laura McGowan, as a junior forward, and Alecia Folino, as a freshman guard — were selected to the all-tournament team last season.
Tickets for this year's event will be available at the door at a cost of $5 for adults and $3 for students.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roundup: New Castle edges Strong Vincent
- Beaver Falls bounces back, beats Meadville in PIAA Class AAA 1st-round game
- PIAA boys basketball roundup: New Castle edges Strong Vincent
- Farrell routs Jeannette, 76-55 in PIAA Class A 1st-round game
- High school girls basketball roundup: Bethel Park takes down Altoona in 1st round
- Redbank Valley bows to Carlynton, 45-33, in PIAA Class AA 1st-round game
- Norwin girls outlast Pine-Richland in thriller
- Previewing the PIAA girls basketball tournament
- Salvino irked over Hounds’ play in 76-41 win
- Cheswick Christian advances to NCSAAC title game