Daily News roundup: Top-seeded Elizabeth Forward rolls past Frazier
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Prota had another strong performance, scoring a game-high 21 points as Class AAA No. 1 Elizabeth Forward (5-0) defeated Frazier, 70-50, in nonsection action Wednesday.
Charlie Manack recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds for Frazier (1-2).
South Allegheny 46, East Allegheny 33 — Ty Cook and Jeiron Lewis each scored 15 points as South Allegheny (2-2) won a nonsection contest.
Thomas Jefferson 81, Keystone Oaks 39 — Jason Horan led all scorers with 18 points as Class AAA No. 6 Thomas Jefferson (3-1) earned a nonsection victory. Taylor Lehman led Keystone Oaks (0-3) with 14 points.
Obama Academy 64, Woodland Hills 32 — Michaela Porter and Kayla Payne each had 12 points to lead Obama Academy (2-2) to a nonsection win. Sarah Miller scored 14 for Woodland Hills (1-3).
Thomas Jefferson 63, Clairton 24 — Alexis Yanief led all scorers with 19 points as Thomas Jefferson (2-2) won in nonsection action. Deshawna Stewart scored 11 points for Clairton (0-3).
South Allegheny 46, Carrick 21 — Alyssa Kennedy (113 pounds), Liam Czerniak (120), Alex Pergantis (145), Cody Jenkins (152), Steven Shriane (160) and Seth Hitchens (285) earned pins to lead South Allegheny to a nonsection win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Southern Beltway extension gets funding
- Police say naked woman stabs three women during street fight in McKees Rocks
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving