High school roundup: Sewickley Academy beats Serra Catholic in OT
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Luke Vith scored 20 points as Sewickley Academy defeated Serra Catholic, 63-61, in overtime in a nonsection game on Saturday.
Vith tipped in a missed free throw with 0.1 second remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime. Sam Munn then hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left to give Sewickley Academy (3-0) the win. Max Kaminsky added 14 points for the Panthers and Tyler Grebur paced Serra Catholic (1-3) with 19 points.
Connellsville 80, Trinity 41 — Jimmy Leichliter had a game-high 18 points to lead Connellsville (3-1) over Trinity (2-3) in nonsection play. Caleb Pittsment added 14 points for Connellsville. Mitchell Kendra led Trinity with 10 points.
Gateway 81, Blackhawk 43 — Delvon Randal scored 15 points as Gateway (3-1) downed Blackhawk (1-3) in nonsection play. Tyler Engle led Blackhawk with 17 points.
Uniontown 70, Trinity (W.Va.) Christian 36 — Jordan Pratt scored 22 points as Uniontown (5-0) beat Trinity (W.Va.) Christian in nonsection play. Joe Campbell and Xavier Ellis each added 12 points for Uniontown.
Ringgold 40, Laurel Highlands 32 — Eleni Radic scored 19 points, and Marlena Schmidt recorded a triple-double as Ringgold (3-1) defeated Laurel Highlands (1-4) in nonsection play. Schmidt finished with 17 points, 13 rebounds and 13 blocks. Laurel Highlands led 14-13 at halftime.
Westinghouse 43, Imani Christian 36 – Brittany Jackson scored 27 points to lead Westinghouse (1-2) to a nonsection victory over Imani Christian (1-4). Dalezsa Regan scored 13 points in the loss.
California 42, Ellis School 26 — Kylie Huffman and Jenna Miller each scored 13 points to lead California (2-2) over Ellis School (1-3) in nonsection play. Li Milch scored 10 points for Ellis.
Bentworth 48, Mapletown 28 — Three players finished in double figures as Bentworth (1-3) turned a two-point halftime lead into a 20-point victory over winless Mapletown (0-4). Reilly Skerbets had 16 points for Bentworth.
Cornell 45, Laurel 41 — Nicole Byron scored 15 points, and Taylor Davis added 10 to lead Cornell (3-1) over Laurel in the Cornell Tournament. Ellen Shaffer had a team-high 12 points for Laurel.
Seton-La Salle 66, Fort Cherry 35 – Yacine Diop tallied a game-high 23 points as Seton-La Salle (2-2, 2-0) defeated Fort Cherry (0-2, 0-3) in a Section 4-AA matchup.
Rachel Bellhy led Fort Cherry with 14 points.
Villa Maria 50, Bishop Canevin 38 — Becca Turney led Bishop Canevin (4-1) with 13 points, and Gina Vallecorsa added 11 in the Crusaders' first loss of the season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class AAAA boys basketball preview: After 1st playoff win since 2003, Hempfield boys hope to advance in postseason
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tipton named conference dual-award winner
- After struggling in Class AA, Serra boys basketball welcomes move down in classification
- Thomas Jefferson boys basketball team has high expectations
- Freeport boys focused on playing together to improve on 8-12 mark
- Sewickley Academy boys basketball facing new challenges
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball coach eager to start season with versatile team
- Young Steel Valley players looking for experience
- Thomas Jefferson girls bring hard-nosed play, intangibles to the court