Leader Times roundup: Kunst scores 22 points to pace Kittanning
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Another big scoring night by Noah Kunst got Kittanning off to a winning section start.
Kunst scored 22 points, and the Wildcats held on for a win at Highlands, 47-44, on the first night of Section 1-AAA play.
Noah Spang added seven points for Kittanning (3-1, 1-0), which held a 24-23 lead at halftime. Tyler Alworth scored 10 points to lead Highlands (1-3, 0-1).
Ford City 43, Springdale 34 — Jon Karabin had a game-high 16 points, including four 3-pointers, and Jesse Sequeria added 12 to help Ford City (2-2) pick up a nonsection win. Alex Pane led Springdale (1-4) with 11 points.
Leechburg 85, Aquinas Academy 38 — Ben Richie scored a team-high 20 points, and Jordan Cominos added 12 as the Blue Devils (3-1) coasted to a nonsection victory. Mike Pappe tallied 22 points for Aquinas Academy (0-2).
Karns City 73, East Forest 46 — The Gremlins (1-1) picked up their first win of the season in a Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference interdivision game at East Forest (1-2).
Redbank Valley 50, Leechburg 12 — Brooke Hinderliter scored 14 points, and Becca Dougherty and Cambria Hornberger both scored eight in a nonsection win for the Bulldogs (4-0). Virginia Kummer had four points and 15 rebounds for the Blue Devils (0-4).
Kennedy Catholic 46, Ford City 35 — Ally Cujas scored 16 points in a losing effort for the Sabers against District 10 opponent Kennedy Catholic (4-0). Ford City (2-2) had a 12-4 lead at the end of the first quarter and led by two at halftime but was unable to hold on.
Karns City 63, Brookville 27 — The Gremlins (3-0) kept their perfect start to the season going with a nonconference win against Brookville (1-4).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Fox Chapel boys basketball team will rely on rotation for scoring
- Deer Lakes boys move into tough Class AAA section
- Athletic McKeesport boys basketball team features new coach, up-tempo style
- Deer Lakes girls basketball set for AAA competition
- McKeesport girls basketball team healthy, anxious to start new season
- 6-foot-8 transfer bolsters Cheswick Christian boys lineup
- Cheswick Christian girls have high expectations
- Area basketball coaches start preparing teams
- Apollo-Ridge basketball wants fast pace this season
- Frazier grad Poling set to coach school’s girls basketball team