KLT high school roundup: West Shamokin wins in rout
TribLIVE Sports Videos
West Shamokin put together its highest-scoring output of the season and kept its record unblemished in its final tune-up for Section 1-AA play.
Three players scored in double figures as the Wolves downed Union 66-38 on Tuesday night in nonsection boys basketball action.
Jake Hough scored 16 points, Zane Clowser added 14 and Ryan Dean had 11 to pace West Shamokin (5-0) to its fifth straight victory. The Wolves led by 10 at the half, but limited Union to six points in both the third and fourth quarters to pull away.
Ben Young led Union with 12 points.
Knoch 54, Kittanning 33 — Chris Kier and Matt Zanella combined for 30 points for Knoch (5-0, 2-0), which led Kittanning (3-3, 1-1) by 19 at halftime in the Section 1-AAA contest. Alek Schaffer led the Wildcats with 14 points.
Apollo-Ridge 65, Highlands 40 — Four players scored in double figures as the Vikings moved to 5-0 with the non-section win. Megan Bonelli led the way with 16 points, Julia DeMeno added 13, Ashley Emminger 12 and Claire Broman 10 in the win.
Apollo-Ridge pulled away from Highlands (1-5) with a 19-2 third quarter run.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Riverview girls apply lessons learned
- Up and down season ends for Ligonier Valley girls
- High school notebook: Attendance up at WPIAL basketball title games
- HS highlight reel: PIAA spring sports season underway
- Sophomore stars carry Beaver Falls to 3rd finals appearance in 4 seasons
- Burrell girls basketball team plans PIAA rebound
- Monessen boys capture yet another WPIAL basketball title
- Hannan, Law make signings official
- Allderdice boys defend City League championship
- Highlands falls to Mars for 3rd time
- Monessen Rushes past Vincentian into finals