KLT high school roundup: West Shamokin wins in rout
TribLIVE Sports Videos
West Shamokin put together its highest-scoring output of the season and kept its record unblemished in its final tune-up for Section 1-AA play.
Three players scored in double figures as the Wolves downed Union 66-38 on Tuesday night in nonsection boys basketball action.
Jake Hough scored 16 points, Zane Clowser added 14 and Ryan Dean had 11 to pace West Shamokin (5-0) to its fifth straight victory. The Wolves led by 10 at the half, but limited Union to six points in both the third and fourth quarters to pull away.
Ben Young led Union with 12 points.
Knoch 54, Kittanning 33 — Chris Kier and Matt Zanella combined for 30 points for Knoch (5-0, 2-0), which led Kittanning (3-3, 1-1) by 19 at halftime in the Section 1-AAA contest. Alek Schaffer led the Wildcats with 14 points.
Apollo-Ridge 65, Highlands 40 — Four players scored in double figures as the Vikings moved to 5-0 with the non-section win. Megan Bonelli led the way with 16 points, Julia DeMeno added 13, Ashley Emminger 12 and Claire Broman 10 in the win.
Apollo-Ridge pulled away from Highlands (1-5) with a 19-2 third quarter run.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Wintry weather in forecast for Mon-Yough area
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Schoolboy pick of week: BV Area
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances